Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

smashed ve ute/story inside

berowra_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
definetly hit me hard, i had a very close mate and his dad die in a new vz ss the day they picked it up from the dealership, were drinking and decided to take it out, hit a tree head on at estimated 140kmh on a country road. now whenever i think about trying to get home a little quicker at night i think about them, slows me down. rather get home late and safe then never and in a box.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I remember Queesland Rail had a campain on about people who accelerate to outrun boom-gates. The had this car that was seriously mangled inside Central Station, with a sign saying, 'this car wasn't hit by a train, if it was it would be even worse.'

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
now that you have seen that, think about the men and women that cut those people out of the car. Being a CFA volunteer ive seen it several times and I can probabley remember 90% of them so it does take its toll on everyone

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
Yet more reason why proper driver education should start
at secondary school.

I don't believe scare tactics have much of an affect on people
not already touched by this sort of trauma.
Just look at all the simulated violence and horror young
people are exposed to throughout their formative years.
Stop the hypocrisy!

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
A great post; it really humanizes the effects of speeding, and or dangerous driving...

Having being involved in a high-speed accident myself (105km in a 100kph zone), I will never forget the anguish my family went though, the pain I went though myself and the effects of the accident which although not "critical" caused a massive ripple effect in my life for months.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
ive got a similar power point presentation of a vz monaro, although i believe it was stolen and the put it into a tree at over 160km/h,

needless to say the pictures tell the story,

interesting that that article saying it took so long to get him out of the wreck, my old man went to a fire brigade accident rescue competition, the cars they used were from holden, so they cut up brand new ve's from the factory:cry:

he said to me that they were the hardest cars he's ever cut open, reckons the steel is tough as in them

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
and thats why you dont speed .
Makes you open your eyes

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
nothing much I can say that has not been said before....but I'm surprised we made it to page two without someone say it....and boy am I gonna get some flaming for this...

It'll buff right out! :)

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
nothing much I can say that has not been said before....but I'm surprised we made it to page two without someone say it....and boy am I gonna get some flaming for this...

It'll buff right out! :)

nah lol, its expected in crash threads..

This is a good reminder to douche fags who drive like dicks...

Almost as good as the new motor bike ads, those kids hit home too!

nice one.

aZk.

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
These scare tactics by the government, don't normally have the impact that they want them to have. like Holden Ruels said, people just think that it wont happen to them. I think the main thing that stops people speeding is the knowledge that they could get fined or lose their license.

I agree that it doesn't have much of an impact with most people. One thing that had a massive impact on me was an Irish TV commercial for their Road Traffic Authority. I felt pretty sure I wouldn't be reckless on the road after watching this

YouTube - SPEED WARNING ADVERT