Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smoking ban 'trend' in Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
lol the smokers will NEVER quit justifying their filthy, senseless and idiotic habit. Why? Because they need to justify it to themselves somehow.

And thank you lepht93 for pointing out your underlying ignorance ... The GST hasn't changed AT ALL since it was implemented. It is, and always has been 10%. I can now understand why pretty much EVERYTHING you have said in this thread either doesn't make sense or is just flat out wrong.

lepht93

Well, you're wrong.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
it's cheaper to smoke than to take stop smoking aids you know.
20$ roughly for a pack of gum. Who wants to guess the tax rate on that :)?

lepht93

Well, you're wrong.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
10% LOL!
It's 75% atleast! Thats why 2 months ago there was a 'TAX hike' TAX!
Turn on the TV or flick through the news paper once in a blue moon.
LOL 10% what a joke.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
The GST is 10%.
There are other taxes imposed on the products as well.

CSP, its as idiotic and senseless as drinking Alcohol. Why not the public uproar about that?

Lepht: Find the edit button dude.

lepht93

Well, you're wrong.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
okay GST aside then, with the other taxes imposed that add to cigarettes it's roughly 75% made of taxes an that's being generous!
It is not 10% total, that would make the RRP 12.10 for a pack of 20. Joke

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
10% LOL!
It's 75% atleast! Thats why 2 months ago there was a 'TAX hike' TAX!
Turn on the TV or flick through the news paper once in a blue moon.
LOL 10% what a joke.

You seriously have no idea...

The GST is 10%. Always has been since it was introduced.

The excise on cigarettes which is completely separate is what went up recently.

Seriously, GET A CLUE!!! You're only making yourself look stupid. But if the shoe fits............. Or are you just baiting? Because honestly, I know 10 year olds that understand the GST better than what you're making out. And for that matter most of the rest of what you're saying. Wait... Hang on, it's not school holidays already is it?

Stugdum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
You old man smoked cigarettes, THAT post refers to second hand smoke.
The whole issue is not about YOU, its about everyone. Your old man chose to smoke and accepted the consequences, which is entirely his prerogative. Be angry at him not the product or the people who make them.

No one held a gun to his head.

Hey you wont get an arguament from me on that, I never said it was all about me, and, I am not angry with him or anything.
The point I was making is that like alcoholism, illicit drugs etc, it often affects a lot of people in ways we dont fully realise sometimes.
And getting back to the original point of the thread, I dont care if secondhand smoke is bad for me or not, couldnt give a rats, the point is I HATE the smell of it, simple as that, I honestly find it a downright repugnant smell, and would rather not have people smoke anywhere near me. But like I said, I would not give them a filthy look or have a go at them, because I aint rude, and thats their choice. I will move away if possible. But, having said that, if someone came to me for a job interview (which happens from time to time if the guy who usually does it is away), and they told me they were a smoker, they would not get the job, full stop, because I see it as a sign of poor judgement and, I would not like to have workers that are always slacking off to go and have a smoke.

stugdum

lepht93

Well, you're wrong.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
where do the other 65% of taxes go mate? Where do taxes generally go?
Name a tax what you want, GST, income, sin tax The common suffix? Tax. Where do taxes go? Doesn't even need an answer.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Hey you wont get an arguament from me on that, I never said it was all about me, and, I am not angry with him or anything.
The point I was making is that like alcoholism, illicit drugs etc, it often affects a lot of people in ways we dont fully realise sometimes.
And getting back to the original point of the thread, I dont care if secondhand smoke is bad for me or not, couldnt give a rats, the point is I HATE the smell of it, simple as that, I honestly find it a downright repugnant smell, and would rather not have people smoke anywhere near me. But like I said, I would not give them a filthy look or have a go at them, because I aint rude, and thats their choice. I will move away if possible. But, having said that, if someone came to me for a job interview (which happens from time to time if the guy who usually does it is away), and they told me they were a smoker, they would not get the job, full stop, because I see it as a sign of poor judgement and, I would not like to have workers that are always slacking off to go and have a smoke.

stugdum

And that's totally your prerogative.
But how much would it piss you off if you got into trouble because technically that's discrimination. It's the same as not giving the job to someone who isn't the right body shape or colour.

I'm not saying you're wrong to do that, your reasoning seem perfectly feasible to me. But allot would, in the same way allot cry about smokers.
Which is basically what I'm arguing, We should have the right to make these choices for ourselves. And those choices should be respected. Not legislated.

We should have the right to make the choices and the onus to accept the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.