Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smoking ban 'trend' in Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Retail for a pack of Peter Jackson blues is 3.30 roughly for 20, they sell for 13.50 after tax, he receives about 10-20c a packet from each sale..
Hardly seems worth the shelf space if you're being entirely truthful. Maybe he should look at stocking a product which gives a greater profit gain?

lepht93

Well, you're wrong.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
You don have an option with a giant franchise...
That and there is a huge demand being a metro petrol station. Not that much shelf space due to them needing to hide it and it's probably not that much more or less of a profit for places like milk bars or supermarkets.
You know petrol makes a very very minimal amount of profit for a petrol station too, around the 1c Mark per litre. Suppose he should ditch all the pumps too?

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
You don have an option with a giant franchise...

If he buys the cigarettes for $3.30, sells them for $13.50, that's $10.20 of potential "profit" per packet.

Now, $10.20, minus the 30 cents that you claim he gets for profit from each pack, leaves a whopping

$9.90

Once the money for your fathers cut (30c) has been taken out, and if it's a tax rate, it will be taken out of the amount being paid per packet to Caltex (woolworths?) that's $3.00.

So the equation for profit is as follows:

CALTEX: $3.00
FRANCHISEE: $0.30
Government: $9.90

So...just to re-itterate...you're trying to claim that...$9.90 of each cigarette packet sold is going to tax....oh please.

lepht93

Well, you're wrong.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
Yes iv been saying the tax rate has been around 75% since page 2 maybe? Go look back.
Alcohol is only about 20 odd percent lower on tax so I don't see how outrageous 75 sounds to you, if it does, take it up with the government, don't shoot the messenger.

Someone else claimed on the previous page it's 6.80? That not outrageous even if it were true? But 9.90 is?
I love how I'm the bad guy, when the only insults on here are you guys calling me filthy. As soop said, I'm kind of forced to 'justify' myself. Seriously guys, learn some respect and equality.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yes iv been saying the tax rate has been around 75% since page 2 maybe? Go look back.
Alcohol is only about 20 odd percent lower on tax so I don't see how outrageous 75 sounds to you, if it does, take it up with the government, don't shoot the messenger.

Someone else claimed on the previous page it's 6.80? That not outrageous even if it were true? But 9.90 is?
I love how I'm the bad guy, when the only insults on here are you guys calling me filthy. As soop said, I'm kind of forced to 'justify' myself. Seriously guys, learn some respect and equality.
It's the difference between 50% and 75% excise, so yes it is a big difference.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6

lmao learn some respect thats a bit rich aint it? You start a thread whinging about a possible ban of smoking in cafes and public areas. Where is your respect for your average joe non smoke that wants to go out and have a cuppa without suffering through your smoke? If all smokers had respect there would be no problem but few smokers do, a great deal smoke where they want, when they want and have zero respect for those surrounding them. Why is it so damn hard to understand people don't want to be exposed to your filthy smoke and no matter how much tax you pay on them it doesn't matter we still don't want that **** in our lungs. I respect your right to smoke, I don't care if you smoke but seriously have a little respect and keep your smoke to your ####ing self.

lepht93

Well, you're wrong.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
as its been stated before inhaling the amount of car fumes people here on here expose themselves too far outweighs the slight inconvenience of someone who dislikes the smell of smoke. You can't have your cake and eat it too, you can't claim second hand smoke in public paces has any detrimental health effects, it's double standard all around with people on here who can't recpect equality and self choices. I brought up the thing on obesity yesterday an no wonder it was ignored because I made a damn good point. I have a right to smoke where it's legal and its legal outdoors so clearly you do NOT respect that right. I abide by law and have never lit up where I am not allowed to do so. It's unfair that a little second hand smoke which NO never killed anyone inthe quantity sldescribed here is so chastised yet this forum provides how tos on welding diffs which puts the general public at a much higher risk, or how to change an exhaust to a canon which I find is far more inconvenient when I'm woken my the noisy driver down the road at 3am, or things as simple as how to tint your taillights which still puts the public at more of a risk than second hand smoke, yet you know what? It's offered and in some cases condoned. I will never understand that logic.
I'm opting out of this thread because I don't appreciate being called filthy for doing something that only inflincts harm on myself and the rest of you don't have enough sense to walk away from it. The facts I've stated can't be changed my shooting the messenger and whinging doesn't change it, so I'm no longer posting here.
I'll continue to pump money into the economy as I like and I'll continue to smoke where it's legal as I please, it's of no harm to anyone else and never will be, think about that next time you speed, go out for drinks and get wasted, or mop a floor and not put up a sign.
That's all.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
as its been stated before inhaling the amount of car fumes people here on here expose themselves too far outweighs the slight inconvenience of someone who dislikes the smell of smoke. You can't have your cake and eat it too, you can't claim second hand smoke in public paces has any detrimental health effects, it's double standard all around with people on here who can't recpect equality and self choices. I brought up the thing on obesity yesterday an no wonder it was ignored because I made a damn good point. I have a right to smoke where it's legal and its legal outdoors so clearly you do NOT respect that right. I abide by law and have never lit up where I am not allowed to do so. It's unfair that a little second hand smoke which NO never killed anyone inthe quantity sldescribed here is so chastised yet this forum provides how tos on welding diffs which puts the general public at a much higher risk, or how to change an exhaust to a canon which I find is far more inconvenient when I'm woken my the noisy driver down the road at 3am, or things as simple as how to tint your taillights which still puts the public at more of a risk than second hand smoke, yet you know what? It's offered and in some cases condoned. I will never understand that logic.
I'm opting out of this thread because I don't appreciate being called filthy for doing something that only inflincts harm on myself and the rest of you don't have enough sense to walk away from it. The facts I've stated can't be changed my shooting the messenger and whinging doesn't change it, so I'm no longer posting here.
I'll continue to pump money into the economy as I like and I'll continue to smoke where it's legal as I please, it's of no harm to anyone else and never will be, think about that next time you speed, go out for drinks and get wasted, or mop a floor and not put up a sign.
That's all.
See that's the whole problem, your pathetic attitude.
As for dangerous things on this site, point them out. I go out of my to remove posts like that.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
as its been stated before inhaling the amount of car fumes people here on here expose themselves too far outweighs the slight inconvenience of someone who dislikes the smell of smoke.
What is the percentage of noxious gas in the exhaust system compared to the percentage of the smoker who's sitting next to you at a cafe?

You can't have your cake and eat it too, you can't claim second hand smoke in public paces has any detrimental health effects
You can...because it's true.
it's double standard all around with people on here who can't recpect equality and self choices.
So if my choice is to not smoke because i dont want lung cancer, heart problems etc, i have to put that aside so you can get your fix?
I brought up the thing on obesity yesterday an no wonder it was ignored because I made a damn good point. I have a right to smoke where it's legal and its legal outdoors so clearly you do NOT respect that right. I abide by law and have never lit up where I am not allowed to do so.
Didnt this topic start because you where having a whinge about public places cutting down on places you can smoke?
It's unfair that a little second hand smoke which NO never killed anyone inthe quantity sldescribed here is so chastised
Are you serious?
yet this forum provides how tos on welding diffs which puts the general public at a much higher risk
Not really, it depends how, and when a car with a locked diff is used. Smoking harms, injures and is more antisocial than a car with a locked diff.
or how to change an exhaust to a canon which I find is far more inconvenient when I'm woken my the noisy driver down the road at 3am
Call the EPA if you have a problem.
or things as simple as how to tint your taillights which still puts the public at more of a risk than second hand smoke
Source?
Second hand smoking does harm other people...why cant you understand that?
I'll continue to pump money into the economy as I likeand I'll continue to smoke where it's legal as I please, it's of no harm to anyone else and never will be
Because you seem to be clinging to this arguement. I post this. With a source.
Secondhand smoke is a toxic cocktail consisting of poisons and carcinogens. There are over 4000 chemical compounds in secondhand smoke; 200 of which are known to be poisonous, and upwards of 60 have been identified as carcinogens.

When a cigarette is smoked, about half of the smoke is inhaled / exhaled (mainstream smoke) by the smoker and the other half floats around in the air (sidestream smoke). The combination of mainstream and sidestream smoke makes up environmental tobacco smoke (ETS).Also known as secondhand smoke, ETS plays a part in more health problems than you might realize. The following facts point out why it is so important to have smoking bans in place. No one should be forced to breathe in air tainted with cigarette smoke.
Secondhand Smoke and Cancer
The U.S. Environment Protection Agency (EPA) has classified secondhand smoke as a Group A carcinogen.

Cancers linked to passive smoking include:
•Lung cancer - 3000 nonsmokers die every year from lung cancer caused by ETS
•Nasal sinus cavity cancer
•Cervical Cancer
•Bladder cancer
Some chemical compounds found in smoke only become carcinogenic after they've come into contact with certain enzymes found in many of the tissues of the human body.

Secondhand Smoke | Effects of Secondhand Smoke
think about that next time you speed, go out for drinks and get wasted, or mop a floor and not put up a sign.
That's all.
Hmm, speeding. I dont see what that has to do with your original point?
Nor one person going out and getting themselves intoxicated of no consequence to those around them?
Or even mopping a floor without a sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.