Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Snapped Steering Column Bolt

FrangaVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina Wagon
I recently snapped one of the bolts securing my steering column clean in half and found it in the drivers side foot well.

It is one of the two vertical bolts securing the steering column to the dash and I was wondering how this bolt can be replaced?

At this point it would seem that it would be best to remove part of the dash, knock the bolt out and replace it.

If anyone knows exactly what parts of the dash have to be removed to get to the bolt to replace it? it would be greatly appreciated.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
I don't want to know how you could possibly snap that bolt, but anyhow try a centre punch, drill and an ezy out.

FrangaVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina Wagon
I have no idea how it managed to snap, I braked hard and heard a metallic noise, next thing I knew half the bolt along with the still attached nut was next to my foot.

I am thinking that the centre punch should be enough, but after looking at the problem and the manual the dash cluster definetly has to come out so I dont end up damaging it.