Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So I got a fine yesterday...

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Forgot to mention. It's always best to pay your fines as soon as possible, just like bills.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Vic p platers get a maximum of 5 points in 12 months, and maximum of 12 points in 3 years

Last edited:

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Ouch half a grand for all that? Seems a bit excessive specially for a younger fella that's probably not earning as much as he will later in life.

I'm lucky enough to not have a fine for years now. Last one I almost got the cop made a joke about my name almost being Jim beam, (1 letter off) when the fine arrived it was addressed to Jim beam, I sent it back saying incorrect name, (right licence #) and I never heard from them again. That was 6 years back.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Got the fines in the mail today. Fines ended up totalling $520... And 3 points

Highway patrol cars everywhere ATM, they must be getting greedy.

For not having my license on me it was $148. The points were for the p plates. The 'failure to maintain control of the vehicle' thing is apparently the same fine as eating/drinking while driving or driving with only one hand on the wheel.

Shattered lol

Another question... Do I have to pay all 3 at once, or can I pay one at a time? I'd like to pay the p plate one so that the points are applied straight away so the sooner I pay the sooner I have 5 points again.

The only other thing that might be relevent, if you are in the last six months of your Red's or Greens, getting a fine delays you upgrade.

Also the one hand on the wheel thing is crap, 90% of the time I'm in my ute I have one hand on the gear stick.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
If you have a look through the PDF document of infringements and penalties, you'd be surprised what you can actually be fined for.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Got the fines in the mail today. Fines ended up totalling $520... And 3 points

Highway patrol cars everywhere ATM, they must be getting greedy.

For not having my license on me it was $148. The points were for the p plates. The 'failure to maintain control of the vehicle' thing is apparently the same fine as eating/drinking while driving or driving with only one hand on the wheel.

Shattered lol

Another question... Do I have to pay all 3 at once, or can I pay one at a time? I'd like to pay the p plate one so that the points are applied straight away so the sooner I pay the sooner I have 5 points again.

Doesn't matter if you delay paying one or all 3....end of the day, you will still loose all the points as a result....if you delay, the cost of the fines will go up and up

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I know you already received the notice but for people in the future.

The officer can send it out in the post or on the spot (which is usually a box ticked up in the right top corner on how it was given)
You have 42 days to pay it from the issued date (this will be different to the offence date if it's posted out, same date as offence if given on the spot)

If you're going to pay for it on the website/phone, just remember you need to put a 09 before the enforcement agency number on the top right hand corner.

Also paying them off through a payment plan is usually an option, just give civic compliance a call and say you can't afford to pay them in full and want a payment plan.

Doesn't matter if you delay paying one or all 3....end of the day, you will still loose all the points as a result....if you delay, the cost of the fines will go up and up

Also correct, a lot of people say "if you don't pay for it, you don't get the points" which is incorrect, the points are deducted from your license when a payment is made OR when the matter progresses to the infringements courts where it becomes an enforcement order (obviously with additional fee's, $103.20 on each fine)

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman

I didn't mean that I wanted to pay outside the period allowed, just whether I could pay them separately within that period

Last edited: