Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So I stopped to help a fellow commodore owner this evening

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Well after the publican in town (a good friend of mine) had words to one of the officers they decided to go down to the drake pub and talk to the publican there. Turns out the guy was there for the whole day and got kicked out for being violent and they also think they know where he lives. Now all they have to do is wait for the police station in that town to open (it isn't open weekends) and they'll go and check it out.
It sounds promising but it's a bit weird when the public have to convince the police to do something.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
No good at all mate, glad to see you (and your car) made it out in one piece. Some people...

Keep us updated on what happens with the guys who did it, I really hope they get what's coming to them.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Wow mate, that is shameful on their behalf, and another reason to say **** the Police

Do you have to make a statement?

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Trouble is,these people keep breeding.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
...and vote.

Horrible story there. Personally I only stop for old people, families and ladies. Or if the guy is frantically jumping up and down.

Get well soon :)

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
A real dog act...they'll get theirs.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If you can,t get any satisfaction from the local police, take it up with the Local Area Commander at Lismore. ( I think Drake comes within his Command). Regardless of their workload, police have a well defined responsibility to investigate assaults, particularly where sufficient evidence exists to determine the offenders and the victim has suffered serious injury. Your injuries certainly appear to be serious enough to warrant this matter being pursued.

Drake and the local areas around there have a fair proportion of "indigenous" residents - any chance your assailants were two of them?

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
If you can,t get any satisfaction from the local police, take it up with the Local Area Commander at Lismore. ( I think Drake comes within his Command). Regardless of their workload, police have a well defined responsibility to investigate assaults, particularly where sufficient evidence exists to determine the offenders and the victim has suffered serious injury. Your injuries certainly appear to be serious enough to warrant this matter being pursued.

Drake and the local areas around there have a fair proportion of "indigenous" residents - any chance your assailants were two of them?

I live in Lismore and have had them brush me off when my son was assaulted on the school bus. Went to the cop shop, told them what happened, they(she) said there's nothing they can do as the assailant is under 16. I get a little cranky and say it's your duty to follow up on complaints like these and she threatens to lock me up!... S**t they came around and made me start my old AP5 Valiant because a new guy moved in over the road and said it was noisy. They came around again when his wife said my youngest son spat at her, I told them who it was and that he and his brothers had also hit my youngest with a piece of iron rod and that they were nothing but trouble in the street. Still wanted to talk to my son(5 or 6), so I call him out and they start carrying on about how spitting is assault then leave without going to the real culprit. Useless.

@one_and_only2004, I hope you get better results from them than I ever have. I hope the experience doesn't make you too jaded to help other Australians.. Cheers mate.