Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So i woke up this morning & thought 'what if i sell my car' i'd love ypur opinion!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
As the others have said, get off your p's and into a v8 if that's what you want. I'd just do what you have to to keep her on the road and save your $$$ to put into your next car.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I doubt you will get a profit from your car, it very rarely happens. It also depends how low you want to go, you could probably buy second hand fe2 suspension fairly cheap. IMO fix the little things that will turn peope off your car, save heaps and wait until you can driver a s/c or v8 then sell your vx an buy a calais or clubsport or hbd or whatever you would like. And devil what exactly did you do?

Long story short, I wanted to sell my ute and get a sedan because i thought it'd be more practical.

Problem was i got a 15k loan for the ute, sold it for a $8300 sedan, did little things to it, paid rego, insurance, etc.

I mean sure the ute needed a thrust bearing done and had a scratch but overall was probably better, and i had my motorbike so i was all set.

My problem is I like alot of change, and changed motorbikes often and did it with the car.

Now i have a car worth $10k and a loan which hold to me of $15,700 in debt.

Yes you might not of got a loan for your car, but you get what i'm saying. You get dedicated to selling your car because you've made up your mind so you keep going cheaper and cheaper, then you lose out on the money you COULD of made off it if you were patient, which you should of been because the car you had was perfectly fine.

And lower k's? Doesn't really matter if it's looked after, my ute had 135,000k's, my sedan has 183,000, but my ute had NO scratches but one, this one has heaps...

In all honesty, I've learnt the hard way, i've also got an insurance claim i need to pull out $2500 for (because ####wits like to go around you while reversing out), which means i need to overdraw. If they don't allow that, i need to sell the car to fund it.

Keep your car until off your P's, that way you won't ever get that "ohh i should of got this" or "i should of waited" because if you wait, you'll be so stoked you can get any car you want and know you'll get it right the first time.

I still have 3 and half years to go...

Sorry for the long post.