Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so my car was unregistered..

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Got pulled over today because my P plate was missing (my brother had taken it and im gonna kill him now!), and the cop tells me that my registration is 10 days overdue... which i had no idea it was even close to being due... never received anything in the mail about renewal... $551!!! not happy, the most annoying thing was i got home, and a letter from vicroads telling me that the car was no longer registered because i hadn't renewed was on the table... it took almost a whole week for that letter to come in the mail...

if only aussie post were a bit quicker, then i woulda realised and payed the registration.. aww shoulda known it was due

You're one of the many to now notice that the ticket for unreg has gone up from $537 to $551. All the tickets go up pretty much every financial year.

You've just given the same story I get every day I give one of these tickets out, "I didn't get a renewal/moved house/lost it/forgot/didn't care/didn't realise I had to pay rego each year".

I have two cars and I know when they both expire. And with your comment about Aust Post being slow - VicRoads send out renewals a clear two months before expiry.

On one of my cars I hadn't received a renewal and the expiry was up in a month, so I went and did what any reasonable person would - made enquiries with VicRoads to see what was going on. At the same time discovered that there was a stuff up with the transfer when I bought the thing 12 months ago. The first thing I thought of is how many people have used excuses such as, "I didn't get the renewal". That doesn't mean you don't have to pay it.

I wouldn't complain about having to pay twice your rego now - that's if they didn't ticket you for failing to display 'P' plates as well which is a three demerit point ticket. Unreg has no demerit points attached.

Don't worry because I have ticketed someone for having a back plate missing. It was only because I knew he'd been doing burnouts nearby.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
wheni was 17 i got done for driveing unregd and i got hammered $800!!! cant rember how it was that much but thats what they sting people up here in qld. Oh well the laws are there for protection.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
wheni was 17 i got done for driveing unregd and i got hammered $800!!! cant rember how it was that much but thats what they sting people up here in qld. Oh well the laws are there for protection.

Most laws are there to protect stupid people from the stupid things they do.

Having said that, this law is there to stop people who drive around constantly without a registered car, i don't think it is really a big deal is someone is a day or 2 late paying it.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
You've got 3 months after your rego expires to renew it without getting a RWC. My missus' car is basically off the road (she doesn't have her licence yet) so we weren't going to renew it... but decided soon after it had expired that it would probably be a good idea to renew it just incase anything happened to my car. I thought we'd have to get a RWC but found out through Vic Roads that you have 3 months to renew it without needing the certificate.

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
It is easy for rego to slip you by.. i have 4 vehicles registered , and its easy to miss the dates when rego is due ( the DOT letter turns up a month before its actually due ) so when the letter arrives , i usually panic as i wonder which vehicle it is that needs rego ( p.s my ex has one of the cars in nsw , which i pay rego on.. dont ask.. long story , but my daughter has transport , thats all that matters )