Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So the big Question Normal or Electric Handbreak?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
There are enough safety features in the VF to allow you to drive out of a situation without needing the handbrake.
I think changing handbrakes would be one of the more pointless mods you could do.
Just put better brakes in.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
There is some situations where a "Normal" Handbreak will come into a must, such as dangerous situations on the road, someone pulling out on u sometimes the break isn't enough if u can get ur car to swerve around them etc now i know it would rarely happen, but there is also **** like ur breaks failing but i doubt that will happen

on a good day, how many meds are you on at once? and are they all pescribed by your high school nurse?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Things I have never done or even considered doing when somebody pulled out in front of me: Yanking on the handbrake.

The end.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
The only annoying thing is with the manual you get used to being able to roll back at an intersection if you are sticking out too far, but the electric hand brake doesn't allow you to do that.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Few probs I would have. Parking up hill on a steep driveway I have to count the clicks to hold but conserve the poor designed Holden handbrake or it would need adjusting every month. When teaching kids to drive I have needed to use handbrake. Wouldn't use a comy as they don't apply smooth, more like come on with a bang.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Few probs I would have. Parking up hill on a steep driveway I have to count the clicks to hold but conserve the poor designed Holden handbrake or it would need adjusting every month. When teaching kids to drive I have needed to use handbrake. Wouldn't use a comy as they don't apply smooth, more like come on with a bang.

Those problems are eliminated with the electric handbrake, so what is the issue?

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Biggest problem is if the mechanics are the same as they have used for 10 years or more and I can't go easy on it counting clicks, it will be stretched and needing adjustment every month.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
No adjustment necessary. No cables to stretch. Anyone that wants an antiquated manual handbrake can have it on their own!. The electric has no downside AFAI am concerned.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Wow, I should go to one of the **** local dealers and test drive one of the new big boys to check out all this tech stuff.