Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

softer suspension for 2009 commodore ve ss

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Gotta remember guys, he's driving on billiard table smooth roads. AKA Arab drift?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
Have Berlina suspension is soft. Im enjoying it after my previous car.

I can definetly suggest it for every day driving.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
He was replying with some Aussie bogan talk, super low springs in the back only so the nose points to the sky :)

If you still live in the same area of Canberra that I do keep an eye out for a silver VZ Clubsport with **** ugly wheels, no rear springs and what looks like FE1 springs in the front. It's absolutely laughable! Next time I see it I'll try and get a pic.

EraserHead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 - Alto Grey
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has tried to change the stock suspension with a softer one... like in previous commodore royal models the suspension was softer than ss model although engine and power was same...

The stock suspension is really good but uncomfortable on the bumpy roads here...any experiences ? Thanks in advance.

Hi Ali,

I think the best suggestion so far is the FE 1.5 suspension from the CalaisV here in Oz - you probably don't get this variant of Commodore in the Middle East so would have to source the springs/shocks from here and ship over is my guess. The Calais V is sort of a sports/luxury model, and the FE 1.5 suspension it comes with is a good compromise on sporty ride height with comfort.

I think if you put the standard springs in from a Lumina, the ride height will be too high and would look strange with the 18 or 19" wheels on it. If I recall there was mention made somewhere that you could only run 18" and larger wheels with the FE2 suspension and not the standard suspension, so that's also a factor to consider.

So FE 1.5 suspension is the go I think.

aliahmedsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SS 6.0 2009
thanx mates, appreciate it..one more question ... shall change the complete suspension or just the spring and strut with mounts and will fe1.5 reduce any road grip ? also has one tried adjustable struts like " KYB AGX Adjustable "

aliahmedsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SS 6.0 2009
mates,... appreciate it..1 more question ... shall I change the complete suspension or just the spring and strut with mounts will be good and will fe1.5 reduce the road grip ? Has any1 tried adjustable struts like " KYB AGX Adjustable "

EraserHead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 - Alto Grey
Hi Ali, I'm not a suspension expert, but would think just the struts and springs. Road grip with FE 1.5 should be really good - maybe a whisker less than FE2, but not much.