Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SOld My VT To GEt VL WITH Power Help

V

VLVTCrAzY

Hey,

Look i have just sold my vt commodore and bought a vl 5spd manual commodore, basiclaly i did this to hopefully gain quite alot of power, im looking to run a brand new exaust syatem extractors the works, i am also looking to turbo the old gurl wondering wat size works well and wat sort of cost are going to be asscoiated, i am also loking at putting a walkinshaw kit on it ne help would be sweet

ps(budget is around $10, 000 just for the engine and car work:)

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
10g should get you a freshly rebuilt vlt motor/ gearbox brake upgrades, management and turbo. And might still have some cash leftover to tidy other bits up.

How much do you want out of it, whats your goal.

V

VLCT87

for ya body kit ring up classic spoilers but i dont have the number i priced a full group A kit for my calais turbo $700

V

VLVTCrAzY

classic spoilers.....where's that so i can find the number.i was going to go for the walkinshaw but...i have seen so many replica's...and as for wat i want i wanan be able to eat a falcon xr6 turbo for breakfast :) stupid ex gurlfrind thinks she's better

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
i smell a challenge...

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
Didn't think you could run extractors with a turbo! We were discussing it at Tafe awhile back, and it seemed like no overuled, why's that?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
You can run extractors and a turbo they have to be custom made of course (usually from steampipe bends) but they can add KW just like they do on an NA. I have seen some beautiful Nismo polished tuned length, titanium extractors for skylines. mmmmmm delicious

V

VLVTCrAzY

sweet as and yes a challenge sounds good, so basically i should wait to put extractors in after i put in new turbo

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Your looking at about $1000 to make up a new manifold for a VLT.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
To make a new one? Can get cheaper high mounted customs.... Why would anyone want/need to make a new one :p