Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[[SOLVED] VP Blower motor and radiator fan swapped?

Sandst4rm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Calais Ecotec - VP Ute 3800
Hey guys, I've just rewired my fusebox back to factory according to factory VN V6 wiring diagrams. All modules seemed to be working right so far, haven't tested EFI relay or starter relay because no motor.

-Headlights both working
-High beam both working
-Parkers and indicators all working
-Fuel pump working

Now. I rewired my engine fan relay because i want it to activate automatically and the guy before me had some sorta dodgy positive bypass onto the engine plug.
now my blower motor doesn't work at all. And when i remove the engine grounds from the head (i have sitting on ground to trick it into thinking its an engine block)
the relay energizes but activates the radiator fan when i operate the blower controls.

I have checked the ECU pin for blue/white wire and it is on the correct pin.

I have tried 4 different ones of the same relay.

I have inspected the dash loom and appears to have not been tampered with.

BCM has melted A/C pins as I've seen on here before and the previous owner has already bypassed it with a Narva add-a-fuse.

How do I fix this??????? I have compared it already to a HSV LE VN 5L and found the engine fan relay to have identical wiring even though it has no electric fan.

Pin 30 orange/white power
Pin 86 pink/white to blower controller
Pin 87 orange/pink to engine fan
Pin 85 blue/white to ECM

What have i done wrong??

Sandst4rm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Calais Ecotec - VP Ute 3800
Update!

I have fixed the issue, I realized after finding a few new wiring diagrams that my dash fusebox was wired wrong.

Teach me to trust the guys before me. Idiot had replaced the melted fuse with add-a-fuse but had tapped it into the orange/blue wire next to it (FOR NO REASON) instead of just replacing the melted fuse.

Wired correctly with the add-a-fuse and now blowers work mint - didn't have to change my wiring at the engine fusebox as it was correct - LIKE I THOUGHT haha.

Tested ALDL bridged and radiator fan works. Tested without bridge and does not turn on (as suspected). SUCCESS!