Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

some advise on supercahrgers

vuboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu spack ute v6
yeah ive been loking at a crs charger kit that would run 2.5-3.5 psi and from what ive herd you dont need to change a thing bar the ecu is that true

and a standard super 6 cahrger kit i think its a L67 top end will my stnadard manual ecotec botom end with stand 6-7 psi or will everything go bananas:my:

thanx

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
your standard bottom end will be ok for 6-7 psi, but it will be a huge job to put the l67 top end in your ecotec. MUch easier tp buy a whole L67 motor and put that in, thats if you're set on a L67

T

Tradewind

Nothing on your ECOTEC will bend like banana's, just boost it up to 8psi if you like and enjoy. REMEMBER the tuning is critical, get that right and you will be a happy camper for a LONG time :D

pandacav

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 3.8 manual
yes i have 2 agree its all about the tuning(make sure your fuel system can handle the extra pressure).

vnbelina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
im also vary interested in putting one of these kits into my car but gonna prolly just by the charger of ebay and the sort things out just wondering how much are the parts gonna cost sperarate ie longer leads, extra pulley, belt, piping etc. and cad the plastic piping be used or does it have to be steel

Sasha

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Executive
SC14 supercharger kits

In relation to your original question..

No you dont need to change your memcal or have it remapped to run 3psi.

BUT! Your air fuel mixture MAY become dangerously lean, especially on the 2 rear cylinders. A quick inspection of spark plugs will clear any doubts.

If you really want to run 8 psi with the pulley kit from CRS :driving: you will find that you will be needing your memcal remapped before you take to the streets. Also a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, hi-flow fuel pump, larger injectors, 2 bar MAP sensor ( Non ecotec ), Lots of Dyno time and a shitload of cash. When i was playing with these kits i found the car would start and idle and even rev freely in neutral, althought it blew a lot of fuel smoke.
Put it in drive or in 1st gear and take off.....:bang: As soon as you place the engine under load and open the throttle as much as to create enuff vacuum to close the (constantly venting) blow off valve, the inlet pressure soars up to almost 8 psi confusing the absolute **** out of the engine management system causing an eratic mis-calculated fuel compensation. Put simply.... you could get out and run faster.

Ideally it makes sense to stick with a stock CRS kit for 2 grand and be happy knowing that you can hold your own against most 5 Ltr 185 Kw commodores.

Hope this make your decision easier..

vuboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu spack ute v6
thanx for your help. so if im goin crs keep it simple just wondering if i put a raptor sc kit on my car will the same thing happen? the guys at raptor are still fine tuning the chip or somthing like that to make one if thes kits work in a vx. these kits run at 8.5psi i think. so that would be worse than a crs running at 6psi? or the diference is the chip that they are still trying to get rite????

thnx

D

De Racer

Fish and Chips

VUBOY

6psi untuned is more deadly than anything a person could think of, those Raptor dudes would be waiting until they could reflash ECU with proper tune would be my guess.

Logically a proper tuned motor never gives any problem even with 8psi.

vuboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu spack ute v6
just wondering if a super 6 ecu for a vt auto will that work on a vx manual i have found an almost complete supercharger kit and ill need and ecu just wanna know if that one will work i also need the mounting plate 2 ideler pullys a crank pully and that about it oh and some super 6 injectors
so yeah will that ecu work on my car or i shouldent bother with it

thnx

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
hes something wierd
crs kits work better on vn/vp and vr/vs without remapping comp but vtII recomends remapping