Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Somebody please help

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs iii supercharged v6 50th anniversary statesman
Hey all,

I've just brought vs statesman 50th anniversary has the L67...I was driving along and suddenly I lost all acceleration would only rev,I changed gear but no difference then hard clung in ass end and she was fine...thinking maybe gearbox,uni or diff?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Gearbox or diff. Auto or manual? Any noise from diff before this?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It'll be the transmission and being a Stato, I assume it's an auto. Check the fluid level with the engine fully warmed up, in gear with the handbrake applied. For safety, have someone in the car applying the footbrake as well but not touching the accelerator.

Check the colour of the trans oil. It should be a light red. Also smell it. Does it smell burnt? If it is darker than a light red or smells burnt it will indicate that it should be changed immediately.

If the colour is ok but the level is low, top it up with Dexron trans fluid as specified in your owner's handbook which should be in the glovebox.

If these steps don't sort the problem out, the auto needs either a full service or repair. Good luck.