Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

someguy360's VS Weekender/Track Car

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Yeah, main reason I got that wheel, wanted a decent sparco or momo for the track then found that one in silver.....and yeah kane I have seen Adams it looks sweet.

But I am going to take it to a whole new level by doing it in the exact same acrylic I painted the car in so the silver will be exactly identical inside and out :p

Also got lots of Brushed aluminium dash/console panels coming from a show car supplier in QLD this week so that will look pretty cool too

(Really need to get around to learning to spray 2pak but laziness ftw)

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Looks good, would be better with newer plates or even custom. haha

Got any pictures of when you first got it? :D

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
You know I kick myself every day for not having before pics...would have been hillarious to have seen the shot I had on my old PC of me bringing it home on a truck sitting on its rotors and all smashed up :p

And yeah I am getting slimline black plates which will look shmick on a silver car :p

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Awh that's no good :( Defiantly came a long way just looking at your other thread :p

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Nice work on the guards, did you use an airbrush with 2k paint?

Where'd you get the footwell lights from? They're bloody bright!

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Nice work on the guards, did you use an airbrush with 2k paint?

Where'd you get the footwell lights from? They're bloody bright!

Nah, I haven't been trained in spraying 2k, Got some acrylic matched up and sprayed that.....of course I sandblasted the panels back to bare metal so i didn't get a reaction spraying acrylic over 2k

The footwell lights are actually a chain of LED's you can get for $20 from Jaycar....came out really well.....there are 3 LEDs per block on a long chain see rough diagram bellow

It comes with around 10 of these so I used 4 in either footwell and a 2 the boot as you can cut how ever many blocks you need off the chain to make a new one...its pretty cool

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Hey man what have you done with the cluster? I mean have you just removed the orange from the needles? and what kind of globes are in it? they look like white led's? :S

and how'd you do your Gear shifter thing? and does it have a thing like the original?
cheers

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Hey man what have you done with the cluster? I mean have you just removed the orange from the needles? and what kind of globes are in it? they look like white led's? :S

and how'd you do your Gear shifter thing? and does it have a thing like the original?
cheers

The orange on the needles are actually painted on, I used nail polish remover to strip them back to clear then put white paint back there instead of orange.

The gear shifter was alot of fabrication and stuffing around, not recommended for the faint hearted......I had to custom make alot of adapters to be able to fit the thing on there, and no it doesn't have the shift lock anymore so I can go up and down in gears freely

menace2sobriety

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY soon to be boosted
Hey what size is the pulley off the sc14 you have?

What boost is it for?

Are you willing to part with this pulley since you aren't going down the boosted track?