Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Someone help. Door locked.

Dr.Elijah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6 2004
Okay so I searched and couldn't find anyone with a similar problem to me, so here goes.
I deadlocked my Vz sv6 sedan and didn't use it again for a couple weeks. When I came back to open it, the battery had died and so I couldn't use the buttons on the keys. So I tried my key in the door and it wouldn't budge. So I read online that it can be very stiff and you have to turn it quite hard and it should eventually unlock the door. So I turned hard and now the entire barrel turns? Like, with they key in the hole I can turn it clockwise completely 360 degrees. So maybe I broke the barrel? I'm wondering if anyone can help me on what to do now and/ or tell me how I can open my hood to jumpstart it. Cheers

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
How about jacking your car up and putting it on stands and using a second battery hook it up to the positive terminal on the starter motor and a good earth point . Just make sure not to earth the positive terminal when doing it . Just to be safe you could even disconnect the positive cable from the starter motor and connect the jumper lead directly to it .

Dr.Elijah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6 2004
I thought about doing that, and if worst comes to worst I might, but I was just wondering if there's anyway I can actually get my door open or is the lock buggered? And is there no way I can just get a long screw driver and somehow release the spring of the bonnet?