Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Something Went wrong With the transmission or Just Dust coming

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Fuel injected cars don’t need to be warmed up. Just wait the 30 seconds odd that it high idles for (to help warm up the catalytic converter) and be on your way.
When I warm up my cars, I wait until the car gets to normal idling speed and then head off if that's what you mean, which is still warming up the car...

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
When I warm up my cars, I wait until the car gets to normal idling speed and then head off if that's what you mean, which is still warming up the car...
On most modern cars there’s normally two phases of cold idle. The first phase (20-30 seconds or) so it will hold the idle over 1000rpm which is mostly done to warm the catalytic converter up quicker to reduce emissions.

Once this phase is done but it is still idling a bit higher than the fully warm idle it’s fine to drive as long as you don’t rev the engine excessively.

It’s actually fine for the engine basically two seconds after you start the engine (once correct oil pressure is sustained). The main concern I would have is the transmission if you’ve got an automatic as you’re shock loading the transmission by shifting it into gear while the engine is idling over 1000rpm.

It’s the cold starting that does the damage to the engine, not running it while it’s cold. Once the oil pressure is above about 6psi basically no engine damage can occur.

Because the engine bearings float on oil using the pressure from the oil pump then provided the oil pump is doing its job correctly the bearings can’t touch each other and wear out, at all.

That’s why taxis get a million miles on them without an engine rebuild, because they hardly ever cold start so the bearings are almost never touching each other to be able to wear out.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
The main concern I would have is the transmission if you’ve got an automatic as you’re shock loading the transmission by shifting it into gear while the engine is idling over 1000rpm.
And that's another reason why you should warm up the car

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
And that's another reason why you should warm up the car
Well if you’re going to wait for the automatic transmission to be warmed up you’ll be there a long while. Automatic transmissions take a long time to warm up even when they are driving, never mind sitting there doing nothing while idling.

Driving gently is warming the car up, without wasting time and fuel in the process. You’re also not washing the oil off the cylinder walls with an excessively rich mixture for an extended period of time while idling.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/ca...ng-up-your-car-in-the-cold-just-harms-engine/

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
Oil probably sprayed on hot engine/exhaust etc so degrease the area where the smoke came from ( engine cold of course) then start it, let it warm up, then check the oil level within 30 seconds of turning it off or, by pulling the dip stick, clean it, quickly insert it and remove it.
Should not have hurt it but you don't say how much oil you had to put in so, this is the only way to find out.
Update: You were Right the Trans pipe was Directly Spraying on The Exhaust Manifold which Caused it to burn and smoke, i topped Up half liter of Transmission oil and Checked on the dip stick It was On full after i poured in, Started the car And everything running fine !