Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sony X-plod

L

lairdy

I've just bought a 12" Sony x-plod sub (xs-L121p5) and 4 X 6" 3- way sony x-plod speakers (xs-gt6036x Im getting a JVC head unit with two rca outs and a sub out.

Just wondering about the best way to hook this up. I can get my hands on a 4 channel kicker amp from my brother. I was wondeing about what to do with the amp, whether i hook it up with 2 channels bridged for the sub and use the other two channels for the rear speakers. Or whether to just use the amp for the sub. Or am i better off using the amp for all 4 speakers and get another amp for the sub? if so what type?

Any help would be great.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
depands on the wattage of the sub whether you but 4 channels into it.

my own person opinion is get another 2 channel amp to thumb the sub.

cheers

scott

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
i just bridged the sub between two channels and used the other two for the 150w 6" speakers works a treat

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
I'd use the amp for the speakers and get a monoblock amp for the sub.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
QUOTE (PIMPIN @ Mar 25 2004, 06:52 AM) I'd use the amp for the speakers and get a monoblock amp for the sub.
ill agree with that one. monoblocks are awesome for single subs. i beleive that a mono will run a sub better then a 2 channel amp...

L

lairdy

Thanks for all the help!!

What is I was to get a second 12" sub?? How should i hook these up? Mono block? I was told that using the 4 channel amp on these two would be ok, bridge 2 channels to one sub and the other 2 to the other sub. Would this work?