Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sorry, another extractor question.

Col74

Col74
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 V6
Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone has had Genie extractors fitted to there Ecotec.
I can get Stainless Steal Genies for the same price as Pacemakers (around $450.00).
What would be best for performance and sound?
Is Stainless better overall?
Thanks guys.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Pacemakers on an ecotec don't have a Y pipe.

As for which ones to fit, doesn't matter unless you are building a track/strip car. Value for money? Stainless tend to crack, but the warranty is longer. I have never seen a set of extractors "rust" out, only wear out. They will blow out at the collectors before they will rust. Pacemakers do flow better than Genies, but it would be hard to tell the difference on the street. Also stainless are a bit tinnier sounding too, almost like a constant exhaust leak.

Col74

Col74
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 V6
Thanks N A A F, i thought the stainless would sound tinnier ( i think the wall thickness of the piping is thinner) so probably go the Pacey's.

pja270

pja 270
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim v6
hey i have a set of mild steel genie port matched competition extractors on my ecotec and run cats off a nissan 200sx gives nice sound. combine these with a cold air intake and transmission shift kit you get a great power increase and improved fuel consumption. My old girl still chirps the wheels through all gears with 250k + on the motor. This old f****r still goes hard and fast.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hate to burst your bubble, but you don't actually get very much power increase at all. It changes the torque curve through the revs making the car more responsive. You will find your peak power is within 5 kW of what it was originally. You will have better economy while cruising though.