Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound system insurance

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Okay, so AAMI don't want to know about my sound system (and it's nothing huge). Even justcar don't want to cover it. Is there a company that speicalises in insuring the 'entertainment' equipment in vehicles?

So could I have the car insured with AAMI, and have the sound gear insured with a separate company?

Power21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC sle '81
mouce said:
Okay, so AAMI don't want to know about my sound system (and it's nothing huge). Even justcar don't want to cover it. Is there a company that speicalises in insuring the 'entertainment' equipment in vehicles?

So could I have the car insured with AAMI, and have the sound gear insured with a separate company?

Just insure your car for like $1500 more than its worth, that would cover most sound systems.

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
But if his stereo gets stolen, he wouldnt be able to make a claim for it would he? That would only really work if the whole car gets stolen or written off the way I see it.

Power21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC sle '81
Famine said:
But if his stereo gets stolen, he wouldnt be able to make a claim for it would he? That would only really work if the whole car gets stolen or written off the way I see it.

Well yea but it is better than nothing if he can't get insurance for just his stereo, then atleast if his car is taken or he crashes he gets the extra for the stereo.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
No insurance company will accept that a VN exec is 'worth' $3000 more than street value.

My question still stands, is there a company that will insure the sound system separately to the rest of the car?

U

uty

suncorp didn't have a problem with the stereo in my last car. I think they said it was covered under personal possessions in the car.

I'm dissapointed about your responce from AAMI as I was going to tell them about a stereo addition in a couple of days.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
As far as I know, AAMI wouldn't insure it because it's more than 9% of the value of the car. Well...no ****...it's a VN execudore, almost any head unit is worth more than 9% let alone the amps/speakers/subs/stacker.

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
My stereo is covered under my comprehensive insurance with AAMI.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
^^^And how much is your sound system worth? Because in a stock VN I'll be looking at about $3000 of ICE equipment. FFS that's worth more than the car!

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
mouce said:

try SGIC mate! i got mine covered damn sure!