Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spark Plugs

ZOOTV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden VZ SS Commodore
Good Evening Guys,

I need new spark plugs and my car has an otrcai and full 3" exhaust. As the the car is slightly modified how do I determine what spark plugs to choose. I know someone here could easily tell me which ones but what determines which spark plugs to use?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Unless heavily modified, stock plugs AcDelco will be fine

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
I put NGK iridiums my VZ SS 40,000K's ago with new leads , never missed a beat yet !

ZOOTV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden VZ SS Commodore
I was thinking TR55IX NGK Plugs?

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I changed the original plugs in my VX SS which I have had from new at 80,000 km, the original plugs in my VX were Platinum plugs Denso PTJ16R15 and they looked fine at 80,000 km, Holden changed to Iridium somewhere in the VY range, I was told it was more to do with emissions more than any thing else, the workshop that changed them at the 80,000 km service which is a workshop that prepares a lot of LS powered race cars and is a performance workshop used conventional copper cored plugs
NGK BPR6EF, which were one of the specified Holden plugs on the LS1's in the original LS1 powered VT's. The NGK plugs have been in for around 10,000km and seem ok, the reason the workshop used them was that they said on the dyno they found they were getting a little more power from the conventional copper cored plugs. Only problem is they need changing more often, I will probably go back to the Platinum or Irridium next time to save the labour cost in changing them more often.