Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

spark plugs

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
ok ive gotta change the spark plugs, this will be the first plug change ive done so im a lil outa my legue when it comes to good plugs, (ive finaly got a gregorys by the way!)

so what are the best plugs i can buy for the v6 ecotec?

im lookin at NGK plugs but i dont know what kind will work best

sedate looking

Reaction score
Website
uniqueridez.net
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Caprice.
Champion Gold . They are cheap, and will just about outdo all the "Big" name so called performance plugs out there. Doing mine this weekend, and for a set of 8 it cost me $21.00 to my door off Flea bay.

I have seen these plugs fix all types of misses, and hesitations in motors before, which is why i continue to use them today. They also out performed the big name brand in a comparative article in Hot 4's a few years back. **** all over the much more expensive plugs. ON THE DYNO TOO ..

I am sure everyone will say Platinum, 4 prong iridiums and all that jazz. But you just do not need them.

richo7502000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS, Harley Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle
I like the NGK R spark plugs...... I have run them for a few different make and model cars and they have performed well on all of them.
Good life span and car performs fine too using them!!

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Bosch. Only because I run bosch everything else. They're not expensive, and they're not cheap. They're just normal, which is perfect :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
use either the NGK V cut plugs or the champion Gold plugs. both are basically the same, they cut a 'V' into the electrode. i believe the correct standard plug is a BPR6EFS (NGK) if memory serves me correctly. also make sure they are a firm 1.5mm gap. forget all the platinum/iridium plugs etc. waste of money

VXdarkmagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
I was looking at the Bosch Fusion F5's but they are about as expensive as a bottle of JD's on a good day...and I have no idea what they are like having never actually used them yet lol

richo7502000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS, Harley Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle
use either the NGK V cut plugs or the champion Gold plugs. both are basically the same, they cut a 'V' into the electrode. i believe the correct standard plug is a BPR6EFS (NGK) if memory serves me correctly. also make sure they are a firm 1.5mm gap. forget all the platinum/iridium plugs etc. waste of money

The NGK part number you quote is the NGK R plugs with the V-Cut that I use.... like I said above they have been good!!! Gaps are supposed to be only 1.0mm on a V8

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I gap mine to 1.05mm, and don't get any blowout - the more you can get away with the better :)

What are the said advantages of the V cut electrode? I've seen those :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
he's got a V6 boys. 1.5mm gap:thumbsup: the V cut has something to do with the spark placement on the electrode

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
seams to me that the NGK plugs are the ones to go for (if hrt like them they must be good hahahaha)

thanks heaps for your help guys, im about to go pick em up!!