Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speaker crackle noise

xadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series II SV6
Me and my mate wired up all new door speakers Hertz HSK-165's all round put all the amps in the spare tire well, split the rear door speakers and the front door speakers to a Line-output converter LC2i by Audiocontrol.

Now I get this crackling noise when I go over bumps, but it's only on the odd day, some days it's perfect some days it crackles, it doesn't change with volume I can have it at 0 and it will crackle, I can have it at 35 and it will crack at the same volume.

I have 2 HiFonics amps.

Now before you say connections, I took all my time today took all the interior out and soldered all the joints and heat shrinked them to make sure it wasn't the connections. I am using the stock Series II HU.

Btw my car is SV6 Sportswagon 2011 Series II.

Anybody have any idea what it is. All I can think of now is the equiptment bouncing around BUT, I have it all on MDF board bolted into the spare tire well.

Any suggestions.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
If its only happening over bumps its wiring, beit wire connections, in the amp or line conveyer. This will only be a trial and error fix.

Try removing one speaker off the amp then going for a drive until U work out that channel/speaker its happening to, then looking at swapping channels to see if the issue follows the channel or if its down the line.

Is it all speakers that crackle or just the fronts? Use the fade/balance to pinpoint speakers.

Good luck and post up results.

xadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for your reply.

I just find it hard to believe about the wires because I've moved them from power leads, I've rerun the WHOLE car with new wires and yeah like I said soldered and wrapped the splits.

I'll do what you said and let you know, I'm starting to think it's the line output bouncing over bumps or something.

auzzie_bradd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ss
Me and my mate wired up all new door speakers Hertz HSK-165's all round put all the amps in the spare tire well, split the rear door speakers and the front door speakers to a Line-output converter LC2i by Audiocontrol.

Now I get this crackling noise when I go over bumps, but it's only on the odd day, some days it's perfect some days it crackles, it doesn't change with volume I can have it at 0 and it will crackle, I can have it at 35 and it will crack at the same volume.

I have 2 HiFonics amps.

Now before you say connections, I took all my time today took all the interior out and soldered all the joints and heat shrinked them to make sure it wasn't the connections. I am using the stock Series II HU.

Btw my car is SV6 Sportswagon 2011 Series II.

Anybody have any idea what it is. All I can think of now is the equipment bouncing around BUT, I have it all on MDF board bolted into the spare tire well.

Any suggestions.

Now, i'll probably sound like an idiot saying this as my setup is basically stock except head unit and parcel shelf speakers, but i had a similar noise, and it was only when i played music off of my iPhone. how do you listen to music? try maybe another ipod or something if you use your phone? :\ otherwise good luck! :smoking:

xadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for your reply man.

I play my music through an iPad mounted to my dash via Bluetooth, I can use AUX and USB iPod integration and I still get the same noise.

Thanks for the suggestion though

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Could be an internal dry solder joint in the amp or headunit.