Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speaker pods

17TUX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7L LS1
hey guys. i am chasing some speakers pods to fit my vx doors to house 2 6.5" alpine type r spits in each door. Does anyone know anyone who has a template to make one or is selling some????

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Just use the factory speaker baskets, just have to cut the back out of them.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
If the mounting screws holes are too wide on the alpine for the factory pods just cut an MDF ring, that you can screw onto the factory pod and then screw the Alpines to.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
All of these are good options mate, just make sure you test fit with the door trim if you use the stock speaker mounts, its easy for them to be too large and not allow the door trim to fit back on properly.

17TUX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7L LS1
i have a set of alpine type r in there now. i want to fit another set in the front doors. so run 4 speakers in the front.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Custom made by yourself or a professional, as you'll have to mod the door trim. DIY fibreglassing is a good option.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Might want to head to the pro's for it, will be a bigger job than you think. Or if DIY get ready to cut your door trim and do a lot of fibreglass work to get anything half decent looking.

17TUX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7L LS1
i think i will go to a trimmer and see what they say. i dont plan on doing it myself. haha.

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Sorry to hijack, but will all 6.5" speakers require cutting back of the factory mounts? I'm looking at some Kicker 6.5" and am wondering if it's worth just getting the 6" versions instead as I can't be bothered hacking around with anything.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry to hijack, but will all 6.5" speakers require cutting back of the factory mounts? I'm looking at some Kicker 6.5" and am wondering if it's worth just getting the 6" versions instead as I can't be bothered hacking around with anything.

For a shallow 6.5" speaker the cutting could be done with a stanley knife in about 9seconds, it is very simple. If the speaker is quite deep / generally larger then it can be harder.