Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speeding outs?

Shortsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Pack Ute
Ok....ive been caught! My bad. 17km over the limit in outback NSW, in a 100 zone without a bend, hill, crossroad or even a driveway for miles. Fine....ive done the wrong thing. BUT.......my car is registered in Vic and the infringement notice (issued by mobile radar on the spot, not in the mail) states my car is registered in NSW.
So....my question is.... "Is the fine legal, or made invalid by the mistake made by the officer filling out the infringement notice?"
Any info re: precedent, or websites with the "how to challenge" type info would be appreciated, or who i can call for legal advice or a police inquiry number etc.
Help out a poor, broke old soul :unsure:

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
If you don't pay it then won't they send the reminder to whoever in NSW has that number plate, and they won't pay it because i reckon they will have a different type car.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
i think you should wait till you get a notice.

No notice = no problem.

next time be more careful :p

Shortsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Pack Ute
maxy0987....by notice do you mean reminder notice, or infringement notice?

Ive been given the fine. Handwritten after being pulled over, but in handwriting the fine, the officer wrote down the state of rego incorrectly.

I think if i dont pay, they just send a summons to court dont they?

Ive got a few weeks to work out the legalities though, so any more info greatly appreciated. Are there the same licence plates in different states: ie: abc123 in vic, and a car with abc123 in nsw? so 2 cars with the same licence plate number/letter combination?

Ms Stato

And?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Stato 5.0L
They will send you an infringment notice to the address that the number plates belong to! Which im guessing is where you live!

I might be wrong but it makes sense

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yeh but he is saying the person who has the same plates as him but in NSW will recieve the fine, not him

Ms Stato

And?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Stato 5.0L
same licence number too!!!

It will come, just sit back and wait.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Troy711 said:
if you dont pay they will send a reminder notice in the mail, usually with a few extra bucks chucked on top

Thats what i was refering to.

You will get a reminder in the mail for not paying, if you get one, then pay it, if not then dont.

But as everyone has said, you'll probably get one.

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
Wouldn't a hand written fine already have your name, licence number, address, vehicle make, etc written on it? That's why they ask for your licence. I'd hazard a guess that there's enough details correct, and only one minor mistake, that there's no getting out of this one.