Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speeding question; cycling, conspiracy theories, government stuff, insurance and everything else

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Think there is another one 25km/h you end up with 1 month suspension.

Decades ago before they updated those rules I got hit with a 40km/h & over fine....6pts & 3 months walking regime.

Still had points left on license otherwise RTA would have tacked on an extra 3 months...was very weird when qualified for gold licence years ago the first time.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
:( not looking good
Not sure how your friend will go there. One thing I can say that may help anyone else who finds themselves in trouble for speeding here in Victoria, if you get pinged but have had no speeding offences within the last two years, you can appeal it and the charge may be dropped for an official warning. It may be for low range speeding though, I’m not sure. Good luck to your friend.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
That's for minor offences they'll downgrade them if you prove to have long history of good driving.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
The friend had a lapse in judgement. Otherwise clean driving record for more than 10 years. He is very embarrassed and regrets his actions deeply...
My wife works in the local court, would you like me to ask her if there is anything you friend can do mate?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
My wife works in the local court, would you like me to ask her if there is anything you friend can do mate?

All good mate. No need. Gotta cop it on the chin and learn on the mistake. Nobody to blame....

Btw it was me. After long awful day working and home schooling, jumped in the car to grab us a dinner. Put my food down after the roundabout and got stopped by hwy patrol. Did not even realise I was going that much faster.

I might blame mrs as she always complains that the chips is not hot. I was rushing so the food does not get cold ;)

This was in Mazda 3 as well...
Might have been worse in SS as she picks up the speed way quicker than Mazda.

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The friend had a lapse in judgement. Otherwise clean driving record for more than 10 years. He is very embarrassed and regrets his actions deeply...

Tell him the bus is not that bad.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
All good mate. No need. Gotta cop it on the chin and learn on the mistake. Nobody to blame....

Btw it was me. After long awful day working and home schooling, jumped in the car to grab us a dinner. Put my food down after the roundabout and got stopped by hwy patrol. Did not even realised I was going that much faster.

I might blame mrs as she always complains that the chips is not hot. I was rushing so the food does not get cold ;)

This was in Mazda 3 as well...
Might have been worse in SS as she picks up the speed way quicker than Mazda.

Was it a 3 exit roundabout or a 4 exit?

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
All good mate, I found something to fill the void for you.
699AB31E-5A5B-4402-80BA-B3D1297C8D57.jpeg

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: