Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speeding question; cycling, conspiracy theories, government stuff, insurance and everything else

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
You working backwards!?

kubler-1024x806-1-1024x806.jpg

The only useful one there is Acceptance so might as well skip maladaptive ones....

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Nah, this is bad advice. They dislike being blatantly lied to, a lot of the time if you're just polite & embarrassed they'll reduce the reading they write down. But just outright refusing to admit to any wrongdoing gets up the nose of any person who knows full well you were in the wrong and has NO requirement to prove it.

Policing of road safety is incorrectly weighted towards things which are the easiest to police & which allow the political goals of governments & high-ranking public servants in order to appear to be trying to do something?
You betcha.
But if they're going to play such games, that gives US almost a mandate to play as many games as possible to get out of those fines.

Admittedly I'm usually too lazy, and I just pay the fine. :(

But it's the politicians that can fix the incorrect road-safety policing attitudes, not the individual officer. So doing whatever's most likely to give you the best outcome is the way to go, when talking with the officer that's writing you the fine.

I get what you are saying but not admitting guilt isn't a lie, all legal counsel will tell you not to admit to anything and it's your right to decline to answer, that can work in your favour.

It goes without saying you are stupid not to be polite.

You leave it to the court to settle, the Magistrate will listen to both the Police and your story and take into account any corroborating evidence and judge from there.

I think Ron has already made his mind up and I know what I'd do, I'd just accept the fact and the short term inconvenience and move and I'd blame the wife and tell her to get her own chips in future and to throw in some potato scallops for me.

In my PCA case I had no choice but to go to court as that's what was required and while there I took the opportunity to asked for leniency and luckily got it.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I get what you are saying but not admitting guilt isn't a lie, all legal counsel will tell you not to admit to anything and it's your right to decline to answer, that can work in your favour.

It goes without saying you are stupid not to be polite.

You leave it to the court to settle, the Magistrate will listen to both the Police and your story and take into account any corroborating evidence and judge from there.

I think Ron has already made his mind up and I know what I'd do, I'd just accept the fact and the short term inconvenience and move and I'd blame the wife and tell her to get her own chips in future and to throw in some potato scallops for me.

In my PCA case I had no choice but to go to court as that's what was required and while there I took the opportunity to asked for leniency and luckily got it.

******* chips !!!

RossK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE11 SV6, VF LPG Evoke
Ron, when you receive the fine, write them a letter admitting full guilt and acceptance of the fact you were speeding.
State your, up until now, long term exemplary driving record and that you are ashamed of you silly actions and this was a one off occurance - as evidenced by your long term exemplary driving record.
Explain the hardship that 3 month loss of licence would inflict on both you and your family.
Ask them to reduce the suspension period.
Thank them for their time and understanding.
Accept whatever the reply is.
Can't hurt to ask.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Ron, when you receive the fine, write them a letter admitting full guilt and acceptance of the fact you were speeding.
State your, up until now, long term exemplary driving record and that you are ashamed of you silly actions and this was a one off occurance - as evidenced by your long term exemplary driving record.
Explain the hardship that 3 month loss of licence would inflict on both you and your family.
Ask them to reduce the suspension period.
Thank them for their time and understanding.
Accept whatever the reply is.
Can't hurt to ask.
When i was very young and naive i had a "friend" who found himself in an hmm lets call it an institution for a while , he was very upset about this , but the fine upstanding fellows boarding with my "friend" told him that there was a "Sorry Book " and if he signed it daily he would get time , i mean be able to leave early , so as he opened the screws , i mean the admins office door and asked to sign said book , he then noticed the look on the admins faces and realized he had bean led astray and needless to say he was quite embarrassed .
So the moral of the story is SUCK IT UP AND SMELL THE ROSES , THERE IS NO GODDAM SORRY BOOK !!!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yea I had a massive reduction in my case. Cost me though, $1800 for my solicitor and $3200 for the barrister.
It ended up being worth it as I got minimum loss of licence and a big fine reduction.
The Barrister makes a huge difference as an example I forgot some paper work but I showed him on the phone in my email and the Magistrate accepted that as he's on the BAR.

Hate to think what your fine was to begin with....You coughed up $5,000 in lawyer fees to get a massive fine reduction....Remove the barristers fees of $3,200, the fine must have been well over $4,000....

Definate value for money