Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speedo calibration

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
vq_ganster your a legend! i think i will go for the 4.11 now... anyone have an auto nissan pintara they want 3.45 diff gears in??? ill swap

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
ok im jumping from 16 VL Calai rims to 18" Tracer 2 rims... ill work out the difference once i get the new rims (should be on the truck on the 2nd). Any clue on how they recalibrate the speedo? is it a mamcal thing?

Cheers
Mike
MSN: [email protected]

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
Very nice work mate,

I just wanted to add that these calculations while being spot on, provide you with a percentage difference between two set ups... Not the true accuracy of your speedo... Don;t assume that the stock setup is completely accurate!

So if your stock setup was actually out by 10 percent, then you have to factor this in with any changes you make!

Is that right vq~gangsta???

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
hows that, a thread buzzing along nicely for almost 12 mths helly pops in and no one comes back:whistling.....but for my 2bobs worth, what was the standard size wheel on the 89 VNs, 14 or 15 inch?

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
hows that, a thread buzzing along nicely for almost 12 mths helly pops in and no one comes back:whistling.....but for my 2bobs worth, what was the standard size wheel on the 89 VNs, 14 or 15 inch?

and before anyone feels the need to point it out....I KNOW ITS A 2-3 YR OLD THREAD:p.....but a handy one all the same

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
hows that, a thread buzzing along nicely for almost 12 mths then helly pops in and no one comes back:whistling.....but for my 2bobs worth, what was the standard size wheel on the 89 VNs, 14 or 15 inch?

and before anyone feels the need to point it out....I KNOW ITS A 2-3 YR OLD THREAD:p.....but a handy one all the same

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
hi huys new here i have a vq 355 stroker and i will be listing me pics soon here anyway i have had the motor rebuilt a month ago and got a gilmer drive setup on it and replaced the water pump and radiator and therostat and i need to know whats best to use for cooling the radiator down and motor i had a factory clutch fan on it but failed on me and broke i have now got a new 16 inch thermo fan and was wondering is thermo better thank clutch to use as i have got the thermo fan ready to fit and the clutch fan runs constant when u drive so if i did the thermo the same way it turns on when starts and turns off when car off be same way and have more room in the engine bay i can do the wiring up but i need info on whats best thanks hope this ok?!!do i leave me new thermostat in or remove it and leave out and use the thermo fan ?will send pics of the car soon ex baycity holden worker not mech side !!! SEE ME CAR PICS AND COMMENTS ON ME VQ THANKS NEW HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

most people go with the AU thermo fans as they flow beter then the 16" thermos. you wire it into the ECU. all the wiring is already there basically, just need to put some bigger fuses in there and then have the memcal retuned so it turns the thermos on and off at the correct temps. have a look at reapers VP SS thread for info. leave the thermostat in as is