Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speedo Cluster

HJW001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Executive
Hi All, I just recently changed my instrument cluster in my VX Commodore due to an auto electricians advice (numbers on old unit were flickering and cutting in and out), so I picked up another with less k's, (about 8k less but wanted to keep it the around the same) but the problem I have now is that when I start the car the airbag light comes on and beeps at me and the light stays on. anyone else had this trouble, I took it to a mechanic who plugged his computer into the car and said something about putting a loop in and kept on going back to original (or something along those lines)

Cheers

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Usually due to the incorrect amount of airbags on your car compared with the cluster. Also, if you put a series 2 cluster in your series 1 vx (or vice versa) it could cause the airbag warning light as far as I know.

LordEthan2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
I had this issue, i took the globe out in the end to get it roadworthy'd LOL.., you probably got a dash from a berlina or something which has more airbags than your model, basically the car says somethings wrong for airbags that don't exist, i wouldn't be worried mate. :)

HJW001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Executive
Ahh ok cool, just has that annoying beep when I first start the car, will this affect the airbags not working (god forbid) there is an accident?

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
Local holden dealer where im located didnt even know how to use there tech2 tool .... 2 hour drive later to the next holden dealer $65 problem solved

HJW001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Executive
That's ridiculous, you would think they would know how you use their own tool lol. alright just done some investigating, I plugged the dud cluster back in and to my shock it also beeped at me as well, which I was surprised by, the only difference was when I changed the cluster over the stickers on top of the unit, my old one was it was GM Level 2P and the new one is GM Level 2s, so for now I have taken the globe out,