Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spending Money On My SV6

Camerong

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE 2009
Hey guys and girls this is my 1st post so sorry if someone has all ready posted this but I have just got my opens about 4-5 mouths ago and i have a 2009 VE SV6 I love the car but still own a bit of money on it. What I'm trying to ask and say would it be worth spending some money on it or just wait till I pay it out and buy a V8. The sv6 is a alloytec I have done a little research and found cams from mace engineering I think it was and been looking a a xforce Stanless exhaust system and headers for a while now. So yer would it be worth the money to get a little more go out of the sv6. Or just hold of and live it Stock.

Thx guys Cam.

raul_mc

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt equipe S2
Hey guys and girls this is my 1st post so sorry if someone has all ready posted this but I have just got my opens about 4-5 mouths ago and i have a 2009 VE SV6 I love the car but still own a bit of money on it. What I'm trying to ask and say would it be worth spending some money on it or just wait till I pay it out and buy a V8. The sv6 is a alloytec I have done a little research and found cams from mace engineering I think it was and been looking a a xforce Stanless exhaust system and headers for a while now. So yer would it be worth the money to get a little more go out of the sv6. Or just hold of and live it Stock.

Thx guys Cam.

IMO keep the money and get the v8 first and then start swiping ur card away.!! Exactly what I did a month back and I'm still finding it hard not to smile every time I put my foot down

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
In my opinion the only money worth spending on an SV6 are on visual mods, wheels etc. Forget wasting money on the engine.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS

Thx guys Cam.
Resisting the performance mod itch for your SV6 is like having chicken pox. You want to scratch at it but it won't do you any favours in the long run.
Holden have rung a lot of performance out of the V6 engine, so much so that the cost to kilowatt ratio is pretty dear to see gains.
It's a much different story when it comes to the 6.0l V8. That engine is cheap to mod ratio wise because it's fairly ' tamely tuned' by comparison to other V8's of similar displacement.

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Depends. If its your daily driver then id just leave the 6 in it. But its what you want that will make you happy.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Spend your money on suspension bits, wheels and in car audio for now. Then you can take that knowledge and use it on the V8 IF you decide to go that way. From what I've read etc there's really only two performance mods worth doing to a SV6 IMO and that's change the diff gears and forced induction. If you have to do some performance stuff don't get to excited about exhausts etc just fit a 3.45 LSD, a cold air intake and if you

have to add boost and done. Keep it quiet and looking good

Camerong

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE 2009
Thx for the help I have to keep it for 2years yet till it is all payed out. so I nice set of 20" Rims and nice audio system and drop it should do :) be a good looking VE is it atomic green so black rims ??.

Camerong

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE 2009
I still own about 18k on my ve now What is my VE worth ? It is a 2009 SV6 done 123***ks I can pay it out now but it is worth it going to a 07 SS 6 speed man ? That is a lot of money to burn for a V8 :/ and going to a older car. Sorry for been such a pain.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
It's worth less than what you owe, probably by 20-30% depending on who your dealing with.
The head move would be to pay it off then choose to mod it or trade up. By that time you might find yourself contemplating something better than an 8 year old V8.
I've made the heart move before when I was a younger man and it was a long and expensive lesson.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Modding any car is expensive! With the v6's you just get less power, but a v6 is fast enough to be fun, who needs 400rwkw on the roads? A lancer has enough go to make you lose your license, an alloytec has potential, but people are stuck on the fact that it'll cost heaps, well so will an 8!