Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sphinx's Gen 3 Berlina

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
had a chat to the guys at G&D and for a tune and dual defillipo 2.5's in mild steel the price was almost too good to pass up but due to low cash it wasn't to be. I'm after 300rwhp and that setup would almost get me there.

They do interest free dude, good chance to get mods and pay back in small amounts, although if you get behind very high interest!!!

Whats a full defilipo system and tune worth these days? Cost me $3300 a little bit back.

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
the guys had a bathurst special on.. tune plus defilipo cat back dual 2.5s for $1530... tune costs $990 so that's a very cheap price for a mild steel defilipo cat back system. Was gonna do the interest free loan thing but have got too much money going out at the moment otherwise I'd have done it!

pepsi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
sweet car man! i have a chance at the moment to buy a 5.7l berlina but not sure how much insurance and rego will cost me. definenatley get a full system and a tune i would do they same thing straight away.

vyss57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS A/4
had a chat to the guys at G&D and for a tune and dual defillipo 2.5's in mild steel the price was almost too good to pass up but due to low cash it wasn't to be. I'm after 300rwhp and that setup would almost get me there.

Nice ride. One word of advice; never say im after a certain amount of power. Reason being, once you reach that you will want more.c :yeah:.
When i purchased my car (235kw), i wanted 260kw (mate has a vx clubby 255), then i said 300kw was a nice even number (very easy on a ls1). Now i have changed my mind, after achieving this i still want 300; but rwkw.

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
Got my 10mm topguns today.. definately picks up alot better now.

bring forth the holy edit of antioch! haha

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
recent HP addition

Most recent horsepower addition is my 100mm MAF pipe. Good for 8kw and only 80 bucks. Same as the HSV GTS one and a helluva lot cheaper too! Definate throttle response improvement... money well spent.

maf.jpg

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
gotta get me an LSD and cop suspension. 3.9s? nah too tall for highway in an auto. I'll be looking at maybe a 3.5 or 3.7. Before anything i'll be getting a dyno mafless tune as I'm power hungry. OTRCAI will come later.

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
hey, really nice berlina.
ordering upgrade parts before you even got it.. good dedication.
you won't be dissapointed with an exhaust and retune... but it only lasts so long.... before you know it you'll be back for more power... :yeah:

mmmm 3.9's.. that'd be nice..
Don't ls1 berlinas have factory lsd's?
If it does, but has started single spinning, try replacing the gear oil.. worked for me.