Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spigot Bush Question

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
the type of metal the bush is means it will pull in the oil (which is the point of lubricating) and when it gets how it will "sweat the oil" which makes for a good lubricant during use..

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
when i did my conversion i left the spigot bush soak in a tub of fresh tranny fluid for a couple of days and it went in nice and easy and ive never had trouble

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have always put just an ever so slight smear of high temp grease on the spigot bush and tapped it in with the handle end of a hammer (or at the very least cushion it with a piece of wood). Don't go metal on metal as the bush is very soft and will damage easily.

Reaper

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I wouldn't use trans oil as it's too thin - use HT grease like Reaper suggests...just a touch. In theory they come prelubricated unlike the old days where you had to soak them overnight.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Awesome thread i was just about to post the exact same thread about whether the bush is suppose to fit in there nicely or if its gotter be tapped in.. I put a new spigot bush in my ecotec tonight and had to tap it in cause it woulnt just slide in.. I guess i got my answer. I used high temp wheel bearing grease is this ok??

P.S Thanks Chris E saved me doing it.. :)

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
If you buy the bush from holden it will be in a plastic bag that has a smear of oil all over the inside from touching the bearing but whatever is used as long as it is a lubricant it will be ok...I also soaked the last one overnight in oil to make sure......the only drama I had with the spigot was that the 2 times that I have replaced my clutch the spigot bearing has spun in the crank and was loose and it came out with my hands...so the last time I loctited it in

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
If you buy the bush from holden it will be in a plastic bag that has a smear of oil all over the inside from touching the bearing but whatever is used as long as it is a lubricant it will be ok...I also soaked the last one overnight in oil to make sure......the only drama I had with the spigot was that the 2 times that I have replaced my clutch the spigot bearing has spun in the crank and was loose and it came out with my hands...so the last time I loctited it in

i got my from bursons auto parts and it came in a little packet with tiny bit of oil in it.. oh ok awesome so i made a good decision to jam it in there with a hammer.. thought i was being a little dodgey haha