Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spitting oil out of exhaust

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
That is something i have not checked yet, it's to late to check now i will check tomorrow. If their was to much oil in the engine would it be going out the exhaust or is there like a breather tube or something for the engine?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Oil should not find its way out of the exhaust, if it was there would be plumes of white smoke coming from your exhaust when driving. If 1 or more rings are gone this will also cause the engine to run poorly and lose power. It could be water condensation as others have mentioned. could also be a blown head gasket (allowing water to seep into the combustion chamber and out a port or 2 pushed by the force of the exhaust, when the motor gets warm the water is evaporated.)
Could be a kind of cold start mode where the ecu dumps fuel through the motor when cold to help prevent startup wear and its simply unburnt fuel.

Any liquid that finds its way out your exhaust will be black/brown because the inside of the exhaust system is usually caked with carbon and other deposits over the years.

Try collecting some in a cup and see if it ignites with a match. That will at least rule out the rich start mixture theory.

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Okay, today it did not do it at all. I checked the oil and it's fine. Maybe it just was condensation after all? Thank's for the help guy's.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
qwertsta said:
Hey, today i was cruising around town and my mate was behind me in he's car, we pulled over at my friends house and he said my car was spittiting something out the exhaust so i started my car and got him to rev it and it was spitting oil out of the exhaust, it seem's once the motor is warm it doesnt spit oil but when it's cold it spit's. Today i was at my mate's picking up a car to rally thru the bush, he's dad is a mechanic and i told him my problem he said "your motor's fingered", he said that the piston ring's were worn or something. Do you guy's think the same? Should i get a compression test? if it does have worn ring's im guessing it will cost around 1k+ to replace them so i may aswell just try and find a cheap rb30 engine or a vn engine or something insted of getting it rebuilt???

Also when my car is cold i will go to take off and it sounds like one of the fan belt's or something is rubbing, its very loud? But if i let my car idle for a minute of two and go to take off it's fine???
Thank's.
My car spat **** out the exhaust that looked like oil, I could show you the stains on walls gates and other cars as it spat **** out very bad, Only when cold never when hot, But i seen little black dots all over the back of my car, When i gave it some foot it would blow smoke not always but it wasn't looking good, But it still ran fine oil was always good everything was fine but i couldn't work out why it was letting loose like that, I covered my sisters front bumper with **** once.
So anyway i just had my exhaust done, And i was given a option of Hi-Flo Cat for the price of a stock one, So i though what the hell lets get that done.
When they took the old cat off it was burnt out and blocked up with crap that looked like what was coming out the exhaust. they say you are meant to be able to see through the cat but you couldn't see through myn.
Since it's been changed and the exhaust also nothing and i mean nothing comes out my exhaust anymore no smoke no oil looking stuff nothing at all no black dots on the rear of the car nowhere. Lucky i didnt think my engine was toast and get a new one:D.

Maybe you might have the same problem???

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
dirty water is normal until the exhaust warms up, it then comes out as water vapor which usually isnt noticed
moreso on humid days, also on short trips, the engine oil becomes contaminated with the water, making the level increase on the dipstick

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
SlickHolden said:
My car spat **** out the exhaust that looked like oil, I could show you the stains on walls gates and other cars as it spat **** out very bad, Only when cold never when hot, But i seen little black dots all over the back of my car, When i gave it some foot it would blow smoke not always but it wasn't looking good, But it still ran fine oil was always good everything was fine but i couldn't work out why it was letting loose like that, I covered my sisters front bumper with **** once.
So anyway i just had my exhaust done, And i was given a option of Hi-Flo Cat for the price of a stock one, So i though what the hell lets get that done.
When they took the old cat off it was burnt out and blocked up with crap that looked like what was coming out the exhaust. they say you are meant to be able to see through the cat but you couldn't see through myn.
Since it's been changed and the exhaust also nothing and i mean nothing comes out my exhaust anymore no smoke no oil looking stuff nothing at all no black dots on the rear of the car nowhere. Lucky i didnt think my engine was toast and get a new one:D.

Maybe you might have the same problem???

Thank's for the info mate, i might have to get that checked out next time i take it in for a service.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
qwertsta said:
Thank's for the info mate, i might have to get that checked out next time i take it in for a service.
NP mate, Hope it's not even that and it's nothing at all.
With me i **** i was thinking my donk is dieing i need a new engine:cry: But them bloody dead cats make a mess:yeah: