Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spoiler, or no spoiler?

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
my vr ss
redonecar050.jpg

redonecar098.jpg

Would look so much better with the bird-perch mate.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
They can look OK. Depends on the car.

I've had cars with and without spoilers. I prefer without. Practical reason being.... I like to pop the boot and have the lid raise all the way by itself.

What's the point of having a remote boot opener if you have to heave the lid up yourself because its got a heavy lump of plastic stuck to the top of it?

:hmmm:

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a
Depends on the car I personally think. I quite like the lip spoiler on my VS, likewise [although I'd never say it to his face] my brother's VX looks pretty decent with the spoiler it has, even though in general I think VX's look better without one. Of course it can be overdone, and when it does it can easily wreck a car.

One car I think changes completely with a spoiler is the AU Falcon. Put a spoiler on the back and change the grille on the front and it goes from being vomiton wheels to almost a good looking car.

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
Spoiler all the way for me i think it is silly to have a ss or hsv and remove the spoiler.