Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

spotting a Vz 190kw

newvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
ive got a 190kw motor and have a silver manifold

Buckd1ch

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 A6
The early 190's had the black intake manifold. I think around early-mid 05 they changed. For what reason I'm not sure.

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
I've just bought an '06 Calais with the 5spd semi-auto flappy paddles.

IMHO this is the pick of the crop in the VZ range.

Economy?...... Just done a 2030ks roadtrip to get it home, used 160ltrs. Or so my trip computer tells me.

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
^ The VZs are pretty amazing compared to the ecotecs. The ecotecs are better in my opinion in the lower kmh range, but after about 50ish the alloytecs are better. For example, the VZ 190s are faster than the VY calais supercharged models from what Iv read.

In response to the thread, Iv got a VZ... next time im out Ill check the colour of the manifold. Its a Sep 05 model and from memory I think its black.

despo

V Fast S furious
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Sv6
^ The VZs are pretty amazing compared to the ecotecs. The ecotecs are better in my opinion in the lower kmh range, but after about 50ish the alloytecs are better. For example, the VZ 190s are faster than the VY calais supercharged models from what Iv read.

In response to the thread, Iv got a VZ... next time im out Ill check the colour of the manifold. Its a Sep 05 model and from memory I think its black.

cheer for that ... yer thats what ive been reading to.. i really like the style of the vy calias tho and ive heard to the alloytecs are only good in the ve's with the 195 motor.. true??

Buckd1ch

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 A6
You would have to be insane to buy an ecotec if you can afford an alloytec mate. The vy motor only makes I think 140-150kw. That's another 40kw of power plus a newer car. Not To mention the 5 speed auto gear box.

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
cheer for that ... yer thats what ive been reading to.. i really like the style of the vy calias tho and ive heard to the alloytecs are only good in the ve's with the 195 motor.. true??

I drive both the VE and VZ. The VEs to my knowledge are heavier. The gear changes are definetly smoother, but the car isnt really faster I think. I actually like the sporty feel of the VZs. The VYs are great. Id go supercharged still. You still probably would prefer the driving dynamics of the VZ like esp rather than the crappy kick-back tc and better ride feel in the VZs. The interior is better in the VZs too I think.

all personal preference I guess