Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

spray painting clubsport bar

trav27

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
hey guys
Im getting a clubsport body kit for my vs , ive already got the rear bumper..
i just need some suggestions though..

Should i get it sprayed at a body shop..and approx how much would that cost?
Dont have much money lol.

or is it possible to do a decent job yourself?
My dad has re-sprayed his front bumper on his magna..which doesn't look too bad but the paint is slowly starting to chip and it sorta looks dull..as in its not shinny like the rest of the car.

If i done it myself , what exactly would i need to do to make it shinny and looking good like the rest of the car? And tips/suggestions would really be appreciated!

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
spose real gud prep better the prep better yhe paint and did ur old man use a clear coat

trav27

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
sweet , is there a special type of primer i should use?
Lol nah , he used the crappy $3 primer and then just sprayed the paint on...I dont want mine to look like that! haha

trav27

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
anyone know?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
My advice. Save a few hundred and get a pro to do it, unless you have a compressor and spray gun.

Should only cost somewhere in the vicinity of $400 roughly. I was quoted that for 2 sideskirts, so a bar shouldn't be much more i'd imagine.

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
if u do wanna give it a crack urself use a spray putty/primer and sand smooth with 800-1200 grit paper just so u fill minor scratches and imperfections and when spraying apply even thin coats and let them dry between coats sanding any imperfections last coat make sure u clear coat with automotive clear

trav27

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
hmm..not sure what i should do lol. But thank you for your suggestions so far fellas :)

At the moment , im thinking maybe i should just save the money and get a pro to do it since i can be a bit of a perfectionist lol

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
$400 to spray side skirts,and i thought my quotes were ripped.I'd say give it a go yourself,cost alot less and if you stuff up,you have the pro's as backup.Ring around at panel beaters and get good idea how much it'll cost to do. You can buy spray cans with the same colour as your car,but may need to get a few since they are small.I used them on me centre console with perfect match to cars body colour,tho i should have used clear coat and put in effort to the sanding

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
400 is a rip give it a go with cans or better yet buy a compressor and guns and learn to paint it will save u big in future n if u get gud u mite get paid 4 jobs