Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spraying 2pac help pls

kelldan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Hey guys/girls,

I had my vr 94 commodore primed and ready for painting now a big mistake I have made is I painted the 2pac and totally forgot to sand the primer and have small specs everywhere from the primer!!!

To fix the problem can i sand back till smooth then put another 1-2 coats of paint over? Or will i have to start all over again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

DJ-Bolan

DJ stands for Dale Joshua
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden SV6 VE buying soon!
you will have to sand it back. when you paint 2pac it needs something to stick to, sanded down primer is perfect for it. so if i was you, i would sand the car back down to primer, then start again. otherwise you will like imperfections everywhere and the paint won't be straight and won't look like one coat. it'll look like you have big paint rings all around your car (unless your a professional, but i doubt it otherwise you wouldn't be in this situation). of course if you want a flawless finish just make sure when you sand it back to prime, get a tack cloth, and some pre-paint. remove any dust with tack cloth, and use prepaint to remove any left over grime/oils.

just make sure you don't air gun the car, or use any oil based chemicals or it will spoil the paint.

Top Tip: When you start painting. get a hose and wet the floor, so when you walk around you won't kick dust up.
Hope you find some of this useful. i regularly use 2pac paint for making shop from signs, so this isn't just text book advice.

-D

kelldan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Thanks very much DJ-Bolan for the advice not what i wanted to hear but thanks for the information very helpful

Ari666 the colour is sherlock green like a dark green the origional colour of the car.

I was origionally doing it in acrylic would that be the best way to go? And i cant paint over the 2-pac with acrylic can I?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
you can do whatever with 2k which is one of the reasons its better than acrylic.

so dark green as in: solid colour? or is it a metallic (clear over base) the reason i ask is cos' if its just solid colour then block the whole thing back in 1000 (just to flatten it out) the give it another 2 coats.

kelldan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Yep its a solid green with no clear, that would be great if i could just block it back a bit then recoat a few times, oh the joys of learning LOL!!

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
block it back with wet dry
let it dry go over the whole car with wax and grease remover or whatever and paint a few coats on

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
pics? Wouldnt mind seeing a before and after..

kelldan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Ok thanks heaps guys, also after i have blocked it back should i use the scotch pads or whatever they are to rough up the surface for the paint to stick better? And can i put a slighly darker green on the next coats??