Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sqeaking fan belt?

jbangr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive V6
hey guys just had a new radiator and water pump fitted to my car and before it was done my belt enigne or anything wasnt making a noise untill i got it back from macanic was just a slight noise but didnt think much of it as i thought maybe the water pumped need to be run in or soething now 4 days gone pass and its getting louder. at idle can hear it then when taking off gets abit louder and faster?anyone got anything to help e with this? the macanic sed to bring it in and it could be a pulley? thanks in advanced :)

mike_is_bored316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES II
pulley sounds like it id take it back too them asap and bust their balls about it before it throws a belt like my ss did take it easy with it till u get it looked at

jbangr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive V6
oh **** serious aite im taking it in tuesday cuz long weekend so im hoping its that what price you rkn it would cost me?

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Take the belt off yourself and spin all the pulleys to see if you can track down the culprit. If its just an idler pulley they are under $50 and a piece of cake to change yourself....