Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

squeak from front passenger's wheel/brake

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
over the past few days the WK has started to make a squeaking noise from the front left wheel when I take my foot off the brake. it will only make the noise when the car is moving slowly (like parking) and when I release the brake (not when braking). I can't replicate the noise when braking from faster speeds.

the brakes don't shudder when braking from highway speeds and the performance of the brakes has not gotten worse. is this just a sign that I need to have them serviced or is it something more sinister?

I took a video, if you listen you can hear it at about the 5 second mark.

[video]http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/uliekthis/media/IMG_3006_zpse571efef.mp4.html[/video]

mitchone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 s pack ute
had this in mine. was just a warped rotor rubbing on a worn pad. some days it was there some days it wasnt. same thing it only happened at really low speeds.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Check the sway bar link pin rubbers are ok and not loose on that side.
Sounds a little like one of the steel washers that secure the rubber donuts clicking.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a quick look underneath this arvo and everything down there seems in order and all the rubbers and bushings look to be pretty new.

I'm thinking it could be brakes as they are due to be serviced. I like to do things properly the first (and only time) so I'll chuck on all new rotors and pads and see how it goes. can anyone recommend some good rotors and pads? I like the look of the slotted ones so I'll probably go for a set of those. I've seen heaps on ebay for what seem to be reasonable prices but I'm kinda unsure about buying such a critical component (quality wise) from ebay.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Grab some DBA through GSL (on this forum). It's like $100 a corner for T2's or $150 for T3's, both of which **** on stock and most Fleabay rubbish. Pads, I'd either go QFM HPX, $80 an end, or Bendix Ultimates, $130 per end.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks. I'll look into them.

I took the WK for a good drive today for the first time this week and the sound only seems to be there when the brakes/car is hot so methinks it's a warped rotor.