Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Squeaky belt?

Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Commodore
morning all. After i flushed the radiator ect. I now have a squeaky belt. I thought it was from the a/c bearing soi sprayed it with silicone spray and the idler pulleys too. The noise went away but came back half an hour later. So this morning i sprayed another idler pulley noise still there when i reved the car a little. So i sprayed a little on the belt and it went away. I done the screwdriver to ear test on the bearings and couldn’t hear squeaking from them. Do i just need a new belt? Cheers, Red.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Just replace the belt and see how you go, they're cheap and easy to do and it's usually a common sign it's on the way out.

Silicone grease isn't really for bearings either, if you're spraying grease at them and the squealing goes away but comes back later you should really replace them if it isn't the belt.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pull the belt and feel each pulley for roughness.

Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Commodore
I just went for another drive and the sqeak/squeal has gone. So i am guessing hopefully its just the belt. Will take it off after it cools down, the car and weather lol, and test the pulleys too.