Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Squeeky brakes driving me insane.

MJR_VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Comm Vr Exec
Hi all,

I am having issues with my brakes at the moment, they are very lound from slowing down to the complete stop.

My car is a 93 vr exec with stock brake system.

I have done the following in the last month

- replace pads,
- buffed the discs or sanded them what ever its called,
- machined the discs as well.

I did notice when driving around 10 - 30 ks you can hear the tyre rotating as it squeeks when driving without brake on.

I hope this is enough info, can somebody please try to give me some advice? Has this happened to anyone before?

It's a small issue though it shits me to tears and is fu%#ing annoying.

Thanks

Matt

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi, have jack one of the wheels up that you changed the pads on. Then rotate the wheel by hand and look for these things, easily turned(if hard brakes mey be staying on), that the rotor and wheel are running straight(if rotor is running slightly out of line it will be running on the pads in different spots), plus anything else unusual. Have you been through mud or on dirt roads? the mud can sit in the calipers and cause squeeling.
Cheers Shane

MJR_VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Comm Vr Exec
Hey guys,

Maginoodle - Nah I havnt been on any dirt roads or through any mud la8ly. I don't think I ever have in my car funnily enough.

Doctor bob - I put Ferodo pads on the car, around 80 a set or so.

It's weird after I changed the wheels the car stopped squeeking and then when louder after time progressed, they don't squeek when their cold or wet, if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions

MJR_VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Comm Vr Exec
why so? if its the brand what do u recomend other than bendex?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
put genuine pads in it. the noise will stop as soon as the discs recover from the ferodo ones

MJR_VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Comm Vr Exec
GMH pads from Holden directly I will try that.

Thanks very much, why do the Ferodo pads stuff the disk/wheel etc? Or make the noice they do?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I put Ferodo pads on - the ones with geen on the side. They made rubbing noises for the first 100ks or so especially when slowly going round sharp corners but have bedded in and are now very good. You'll probably find genuine ones are made by Ferodo. You must follow the bedding in procedures supplied with the pads otherwise they take longer to bed in. If you're not happy take them back as they have a 12 month guarantee but I think you'll find they improve with age.