Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Srs airbag fault after removal of seats

Giles.jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th anniversary
Morning,
About a week ago I pulled the standards seats out of my vy to clean the car properly left the seats out for a few days when I put them back in I got the srs airbag fault flashing on my dash at me so I've pulled the seats out checked all the wiring put them back in also cleaned all the contacts I the connections so my question is will leaving the seats out for a few days stuff around with the srs or have I maybe damaged something else in the process of removing or refitting also is a tech 2 the only way of resetting the warnings?

Thanks Jake

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hi Jake, welcome to the forums mate. Switching the ignition ON with the yellow plugs disconnected will cause an SRS fault. If you've determined that the wiring is ok, then this will be your most likely cause...

I'm not super familiar with reset procedure on commodores but many GM products can be reset by disconnecting the battery for about half an hour usually. If not, tech2 time unless someone else has a trick.

Giles.jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th anniversary
Thanks Tasmaniak of coarse after posting this I found the answers in another thread and couldn't figure out how to remove the post haha.

Thanks for that though thought I was going to have to spend money -.-

2005VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Sv6 SII Wagon
Hey I had the same problem, you'll have to get some one to clear it with a scan tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Disconnecting the battery wont work. You'll need to get the error code cleared with a tech 2.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Thanks for the confirmation Kernal. I wasn't sure. It works on many GM products in the US but have never had a problem in Australia with airbags on customer vehicles.