Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SRS Airbag Fault

Boothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Wagon, VY Commodore
Well driving the other day, i accidently hit the horn cover a little hard. The result was SRS Airbag fault. Can anyone tell me what i might have damaged and the best way to go about fixing it ?? Would a new steering wheel with airbag fix it ? or is it just the sensor. I must mention airbag didnt deploy and seeing pics of the steering wheel pulled apart there doesnt seem to be much to damage just by a heavy thump. So if anyone has any ideas let me know

Cosmosis

Space Cadet
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Usually the clockspring fails in them. Does the horn still work and controls on the steering wheel still work? i doubt you can damage an airbag by hitting it unless you have arms like the hulk. Way to identify is with the scan tool... some can do a resistance check of the airbag... NEVER TEST AN AIRBAG OHM METER!

Boothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Wagon, VY Commodore
Yep, the horn and media controls still all work. All i know is i hit the horn and almost instantly SRS AIRBAG FAULT flashes on the lcd screen

Boothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Wagon, VY Commodore
Might just pull the airbag module off enough to look behind and see if its anything obvious anyway.

rizzle69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Cross8
Coincidence if you ask me, the sensor isnt in the steering wheel.
There are SRS sensors under the seats and other modules about the place, but I cant see how the horn would set off the sensor.

You can take the car to holden or anyone with a tech2 and get the system checked and reset.
Holden charges range from free to about $100 to test and reset the sensor, assuming nothing is actually wrong.

mr031

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
You might have knocked of the plug (doubtfull, tho you never know), you need a scan tool, go see your local auto electrican, alot cheaper than holden mate. If you where in brisbane I could have helped you out.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Pull the Airbag off , I bet the connector has come off the back of it. A yellow rectangular plug with 2 pins , it just pulls off . Make sure you disconnect bettery (both terminals) before you pull it off & donmt reconnect battery till you have finished, the warning light has to be reset with a Tech 2 tool though.