Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

srs fault

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
hey ppl,was just wandering if someone could tell me how to reset the comp as my mate left the ignition on ácc' over nite(driveways in backyard) and drained the baterry.is the airbag warning fault mean somethings stuffed or can we just turn it off like the service reminders? also having a flat battery does that reset everything?as in the settings i chose eg:spd depndnt etc.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
From what I have read in other posts, I think you need to take it to Holden to reset the air bag light. Just resetting the ECU won't do it.

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
damn! oh well its gonna have to go in for its reg serv anyway just wanted to find out if it culd be fixed now as its a bit annoying.cheers abba.

helmsy

Just Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
I had all sort of warnings (including the SRS warning) when the negative earth came loose.

After tightening the battery earth it started fine and the warnings went away. Try resetting the ECU and the warnings may go away.

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
yeah might as well give it a go wont hurt.thanx

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I've done that twice left the key on Acc and in the morning the battery was dead not even a click. Just put jumper leads on started it and away it went did not affect any settings made by me.
Best to turn that feature off I think it's called "open door turns everything off " but it does not work if you leave the key on ACC.

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
tried resetting the ecu.no luck,still bloody there.oh well just have to wait till service(nxt wk).ronald did yours have this reluctance in the accelerator pedal after starting her again? after jump strting mine i put her into drive and nothing was happening,pedal just depressed like it was(car)off.then turned her bak off then on this time put into reverse and same thing again.third go i gave the pedal a real quick jab and finally got moving.is this wierd sht or is it normal?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
When the battery has been disconnected or run flat it will need to relearn the idle. To do this, have vehicle in park, start, from park move shifter to each gear for 10 seconds, put back into park, remembering of course to have your foot on the brake. Turn off, start engine again, rev to 2000rpm for 10 seconds, turn off. This should reset your idle.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
hey ppl,was just wandering if someone could tell me how to reset the comp as my mate left the ignition on ácc' over nite(driveways in backyard) and drained the baterry.is the airbag warning fault mean somethings stuffed or can we just turn it off like the service reminders? also having a flat battery does that reset everything?as in the settings i chose eg:spd depndnt etc.

I think it's weird that running the battery flat would bring up your "SRS Fault" light. That normally happens if you disconnect your airbag wires or fuse and then turn on the ignition. Was this the case? E.g. did you take the front seat out and disconnect the wires or something? :confused

Anyway, yeah you'll need to get it reset by a dealer. If you're doing a service at the same time, they shouldn't charge you for it, since it is literally a 2 minute job. They tried to charge me $70 for the priveledge, but then they waived the fee after I had a whinge. :D

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I think it's weird that running the battery flat would bring up your "SRS Fault" light. That normally happens if you disconnect your airbag wires or fuse and then turn on the ignition. Was this the case? E.g. did you take the front seat out and disconnect the wires or something? :confused

Anyway, yeah you'll need to get it reset by a dealer. If you're doing a service at the same time, they shouldn't charge you for it, since it is literally a 2 minute job. They tried to charge me $70 for the priveledge, but then they waived the fee after I had a whinge. :D

The SRS system has a capacitor so that if you are involved in a crash that cuts the power from the battery the airbags and seat belt pre tensioners still go off. If the battery power was insufficient for an extended period, say more than 10 minutes, then the capacitors drain and your SRS fault will light up next time you power up the vehicle. To stop that from happening, remove the SRS fuse if the car is to be without power for a while then refit it before the ignition is turned on.