Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS exhaust, which one????

timc83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
Hi guys, I know, I know, its been done before, and yes I have looked into previous posts, but can't find a answer.
My question is, I have a 2011 SS 6 speed manual, and im after a full exhaust system and want to know what is the ultimate system? I'm personally leaning towards the Dipilippo 'big boy' system from what I can see on youtube, but really I have no idea. As far as budget, im not all that concerned as I know good quality is costly and I m prepared to pay it. ATM I have 2 1/2 xforce cat back system, and to be honest I wouldn't p!$$ on it if it were on fire. Also in the near future it will be getting cammed and head work done.

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
Check out Sureflo 's ve system. KPM also do a great system, though it is very loud. Di Filippo is great to though the cats seem to rust out due to there design.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Not An Abba Fan (forum sponsor) has a special on at the moment for Hurricane 1 7/8 4-1 headers, cats, and twin 2 1/2 Manta catback for under 2500 shipped to your door, plus 100 off if he gets one more order. lots of positive feedback from people who have this setup. If you wanted to go 3 inch i'm sure he'd do good price for a lot less than the DiPhillipo system but with similar quality and sound.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
You after 2 1/2 or 3"?
And how loud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

timc83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
I'm thinking 3 inch, and I like loud, but it is a family car, so probably not obnoxiously loud, but I still what people to hear it coming.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Maybe you could just change the mufflers if you want a different louder sound.

Blackened

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SS
Ive got the pacemaker 3" great exhaust great note and not overly loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

timc83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
I have done the rear swap, but it still sounds pretty terrible, droney bloody thing, it sounds like a exhausted V6, not a 6.0! But I guess that's what you get buying Xforce......
I'm all ears to any suggestions, and I do agree the diphilippo is up there in price, so if I can get similar for cheaper then id be happy!

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
End of the day, I know it's been said a million times, xforce is cheap Chinese crap. Yes it does the job in terms of giving a note but the workmanship, quality and sound are are pretty ordinary. I had xforce it put more sound into the cabin then out of the rear mufflers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Check out Sureflo 's ve system. KPM also do a great system, though it is very loud. Di Filippo is great to though the cats seem to rust out due to there design.
My plans are to go one of the sureflo stainless systems or NAAF mild steel system. Both have reports of no drone and are quality products.