Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS exhaust, which one????

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Kpm is a bloody rip off. Go Difillipo if you're gonna spend that much. Sounds better and is cheaper.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
In my opinion you'll never have a true 'deep' V8 idle note with a cam.

I went twin 2.5" because I was scared of drone (I owned a wagon and heard they can drone a lot worse than sedans due to the big cabin).

I wish I went twin 3". I was happy with my twin 2.5", but I do wish it was just a little deeper, and I would of been prepared to lose a little power/torque/exhaust velocity/whatever just to have a slightly deeper note.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Difillipo is made in Melbourne.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Kpm is a bloody rip off. Go Difillipo if you're gonna spend that much. Sounds better and is cheaper.

lol, difillipo is fugg all cheaper actually, have you priced the sets side by side?
I considered difillipo, but given kpm designed their cats to fit up snugly under the vehicle whilst difillipo hung down too low was the reason i went for the kpm. My calais is lowered and the exhaust hasn't hit anything.
KPM you pay for quality and you get it, the build is second to none. Put them side by side on the workshop floor and you'll see where the money is.

timc83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
Yeah I have youtubed the manta system, and I do agree quite raspy, doesn't have that deep throaty sound IMO. I live in country NSW, our roads are possibly the worst in NSW, Australia and possibly the southern hemisphere. My SS is running on SSSL, so I guess Difilippo would be out of the question then? I mean I can scrape a crappy old Xforce system on our roads LOL.

Oh and bringing it up in height a bit is not an option!!

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
Soon I'll have Sureflo extractors and cats connected to my Di Filippo 2.5" cat back. I'll let you know what I think.

If buying a one brand full system I reckon it comes down to Sureflo 3" at approx. $3.2k depending on options or KPM 2.5" or 3" at approx $4.5k

Personal preference on sound applies.

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
If massively lowered go KPM for sure. Sureflo system is known to scrap with very low cars.

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
This is my old car.

Was the full twin 2.5" system from NAAF.

Some people say it sounds raspy, and at the very top end it was a little. But for the majority they liked the sound.

VE SS Wagon Manta Exhaust - YouTube

That is very different sounding. I haven't heard many sound like that. Not sure, but not my cup of tea. (may sound better in person)