Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss grill on omega

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
no sure...I found, the more I pull the button of the grille out, the bigger the gap appears around all edges.

I know you've just bought a new SS grille but if you get jack of trying to make this fit...an S2 Omega grille into an S1 Omega is always an option! http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/229384-my-07-ve-omega.html
(and if you don't like all the chrome, plastidip it or spray paint it)

Strangely enough the Series II Omega grille is probably the best looking of all the VE grilles IMO.

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Does anyone know if a ss ut grille is dofferent to a ss sedan grill as I just cant see this mod working for me something is just not the same.

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
SO I was bored tonight so followed jr's instructions please see attached pictures I seemed to have it fitting. Question now is do you guys use the original drilled out tabs in the front bar as this def. is not going to work for me and the way it sits now I have a massive gap underneath the grill?

IMG_4149_zps820d762e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_4148_zpsa78e497a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_4147_zps1dd2c62d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_4146_zps6ad7819a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_4145_zps70ad81d2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_4144_zps48a63f44.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jeffro101270

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
no sure...I found, the more I pull the button of the grille out, the bigger the gap appears around all edges.

I know you've just bought a new SS grille but if you get jack of trying to make this fit...an S2 Omega grille into an S1 Omega is always an option! http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/229384-my-07-ve-omega.html
(and if you don't like all the chrome, plastidip it or spray paint it)

Can anyone please tell me if this is a straight swap or do you have to make some mods to make the series 2 fit on a series 1?

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Can anyone please tell me if this is a straight swap or do you have to make some mods to make the series 2 fit on a series 1?

Mods definitely required :( I've been thinking of having a crack at putting an S2 SS grille on my S1 Omega (for shits and giggles), i'm just keeping an eye out on eBay for cheap grilles :)

jeffro101270

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Mods definitely required :( I've been thinking of having a crack at putting an S2 SS grille on my S1 Omega (for shits and giggles), i'm just keeping an eye out on eBay for cheap grilles :)

Thanks jr.....been looking on ebay too....was hoping not to much modification required....Damn :(

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
I've just fitted an S1 SSV grille on my S1 Omega.

I followed some of jr_'s instructions, thanks for that!

What I did differently:
- I've left a small bit of the 2 centre tabs so the grille sits nicely on the bumper and doesn't go too deep towards the radiator
- I've custom made a bracket so no drilling/screws are needed, I can retrofit the old grille at anytime and you couldn't tell there was an SSV grille at some point!

mcrXFIE.jpg

The bracket was painted black later. It's not mounted on the last photo but once mounted, you only see it when kneeing in front of the grille (like on the 3rd photo), and since in black on black...

Because of the way it's bent on the radiator end, the bracket can't move backward or forward. It also prevents the grille to go forward (that's the whole point of this). The grille can't go backwards either because of the tabs pushing on the bumper.

You could use 2 brackets like this but it would be overkill, one is already holding the grille firmly.

You may also want to add 2 screws on the front so the grille doesn't lift (the 2 big original screws don't prevent that, and the bracket only works for horizontal movements), like this:

AUiMbPj.jpg

HTH

Last edited: