Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS grills

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
Thanks guys - mesh is just the sheet stuff from Supercheap or Autobarn, cut to shape and screwed to the back of the grille. I will post some better pics when the job's done.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
You could try glueing the mesh to the top plastic section of the VY SS grille and screw it to the back of the bottom half. Just an idea dunno how it would look.:thumbsup:

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
Hi guys - I said I'd put finished pics up of my VZ style grille when it was complete. Here it is...excuse the car's dirtiness.

It wouldn't be so effective, but just putting silver mesh behind a standard Executive grille would still work

Attachments

• p1.JPG
    p1.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 640

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Hi guys - I said I'd put finished pics up of my VZ style grille when it was complete. Here it is...excuse the car's dirtiness.

It wouldn't be so effective, but just putting silver mesh behind a standard Executive grille would still work

Looks great klaw81, big improvement over the factory Exec grille. :thumbsup:

So what's the difference between that pic and the other two in Post #8 above?

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
The main differences are the extra sanding and lots more paint, and that the mesh and emblem are actually screwed and glued in place instead of just sitting there. And I wanted to get a wider shot so you can see what it actually looks like on the car...

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
The mesh is only thin aluminium so it's quite soft. I used tin snips but side-cutters or even some heavy duty scissors would do it.

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
klaw81 how did you attatch the mesh?

I am in the process of modifying an exec grille, a bit different to the way you have done it! Will post pics when done!

cheers, Scott