Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Headlights Philip's X-Treme Vision Globes

Crawf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ SV6
Hi I've just picked up a bargain set of SS headlights for my SV6, before I install them I want to replace the globes with a brighter set and have been told these Philip's set would be perfect for minimal cost. I know it's probably been said many times before but I can't find a definite answer, which set will I need H1, H4, H9 etc? Cheers in advance.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Your almost there, They take H11 in low beam,and use H9 in the high beam.
Keep away from going too blue in the globe,they might be bloody bright to look into,but are **** at throwing the light on the road

Crawf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ SV6
Thanks CONROD, the only thing that had me confused was the two separate bits of information on top of the headlight which stated two different sizes

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Yes it will mate,because even though the lows are a H11 (55w) and the Highs are a H9(65w).They are physically the same size only the mounting lug is slightly different.I managed to pick up a few H9 Phillips globes recently at a swap meet for under $10 (new by the way )saved almost $100 retail, and I installed them in my low beam.The difference is bloody amazing.The result is an increase in lumens output from 1350 lumens in the stock form H11 55w to a massive 2100 lumens in the H9 65w type (also a whiter output).
If you are interested just google h9-h11 conversion and there are some good write up,detailed instructions on how to do it,all it requires is a slight alteration to the globe it self absolutely no mods required on the headlights,wiring etc,etc.:smoking:
It took me probably all of 10mins a side to do.I only loosened my battery and slid it over to gain access,this avoids all the hassel and **** when you disconnect,but honestly for such a minor mod I cant believe the difference.:blah blah:

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
I've used the Phillips X Treme, they are good gear. you will notice the difference,

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Using higher wattage will melt the plastic in the headlight due to extra heat. But the Xtreme visions (+60, +100 etc.) aren't any higher in wattage so shouldn't cause any damage.