Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS or SSV

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
those 19" tyres on SS V are VERY expensive

I like the alloy wheels on mine better than SS V but that is personal

Leather seats smell nice but burn your arse off in summer if parked in the sun and freeze it in winter and I don't think Holden leather is as grippy as the cloth to hold your upper body in spirited cornering

Get a good quality tint. It isn't an issue. Had leather for the last 3 years and would not go back in a hurry. It's clean and much easier to keep it that way. Feels good too.

Reaper

ssv4me

troy
Reaction score
Website
mogbog.com
Members Ride
VE SSV
but i am still weighing up either the ss or the ssv can any one help me with my choice?

I looked at both before deciding but once I hoped into those awesome black leather seats and felt them hold me in tight, I was sold.

I was happy to pay the extra $$ for the better stereo and the dash layout as well.

It just seemed so much more polished than the straight SS.

Anyway... now I just have to wait for delivery in early January *sigh*

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
easy decision is the SSV if you have the cash or wait a little and save up

i didnt even flinch and went straight for the SSV.
leathers, dual zone climate, stereo screen for DVD/sat nav, alloy faced pedals, 19s, taillights, projector headlights, etc etc etc

it is a personal preferance so good luck with it

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Personal choice really, if you don't care about luxuries much, go for the SS. Me personally would go for the SSV, because thats the real SS!

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
It has been said already, depends if you have the cash or not...

I'm biased but I chose the SSV because I will probably never be in the situation to buy a new car again, and I didn't want to drive it thinking, I wish I got leather etc etc..Do it once, do it right.

The only other thing I can recommend is a sunroof..not a cheap option but I drive with it on tilt almost every day... Just love it...:thumbsup:

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
The only other thing I can recommend is a sunroof..not a cheap option but I drive with it on tilt almost every day... Just love it...:thumbsup:
sunroof all the way...worth every cent.

had one on the VX HSV when i bought it second hand and when i went for a new car it was the first option i ticked

even after holden fcuked my order up and sent me a stock SSV after 6weeks of waiting as much as i wanted my car i told em i didnt want it and i wanted one with all my options...even though it was another 6 weeks wait :cry:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hate 'em. Had one once and never again!

Reaper

xss001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VE SS
I went with the SS. Previous car was VX SS so happy with a little less luxury. It came in a shade over $40K with 3+3 warranty, full spare and tint and tow bar etc. Could not justify the extra given I was already pushing the $40K via a novational lease. It was still cheaper than my VT Berlina I bought new in 98.

As they say biggest bang for my buck and loving it. It has a V8, 6 speed manual, quad exhaust, decent tyres, a bit of safety gear and goes like hell. What else do you need.

The hardest part was picking the colour. Silver ...to match the dials and my hair.